Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1964 Topps Venezuelan Orioles Project: Complete!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Liberate Baltimore

Jun 2, 2009
Columbia, Maryland
Hello everyone,

I'm so excited to have finally completed this! The final card came directly to me from Caracas, Venezuela via Dallas. For those who are not familiar, Topps released smaller series of parallel cards in 1959, 1960, 1962, 1964, 1966, 1967 and 1968 throughout Venezuela. The 1959, 1960 and 1966 sets are virtually identical to the American series aside from paper stock and highlights. These cards were produced in extremely limited numbers and were sold by retailers along with albums, in which they were designed to be pasted. I estimate more than half of the Topps Venezuelan cards out there have paper loss, glue residue or writing. Also, the native climate made the thinner paper stock especially susceptible to edge wear and creasing. In short, anything over (VG) is considered high-grade. With exception to one card, all the backs are free of glue residue and none have writing. Being that only the first (370) cards of the 1964 set were reproduced by Topps in Venezuela, an Orioles team set is complete at (18) cards. Thanks for looking!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
Very, very impressive!!! Big time congrats. Nice little side note to the set that your final piece came directly from "home."

Mark70Z

Mar 26, 2011
I couldn't view the photo's you posted and I LOVE the O's... Any way to post them again and or maybe email??

Members online

Latest posts