Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sweet BADA$$ Machado Gold poppage!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

burke23

Nov 12, 2010
1 18337717 GEM MINT 10 2010 BOWMAN CHROME DRAFT PICKS & PROSPECTS BDPP80 MANNY MACHADO AUTOGRAPH-GOLD REFRACTOR

A pop 1...this should sell well I think :)

burke23

Nov 12, 2010
Why PSA? Because no one sends there - this is the first Machado auto to be graded...and that can mean a premium return.

So thoughts on what this might go for? Is Auction better than a BIN?
pete

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
burke23 said:
Why PSA? Because no one sends there - this is the first Machado auto to be graded...and that can mean a premium return.

pete

PSA 10 > BGS 9.5 right now.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
jbhofmann said:
burke23 said:

pete

I did some research a few weeks ago and its just not that easy to say - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=127493&hilit=psa

In different cases, different slabs sell better but by no means is PSA clearly > BGS. I personally believe BGS is still the gold standard for prospect related stuff and that's where my stuff will continue to go.

burke23

Nov 12, 2010
Messier2 said:
Jaypers said:
Messier2 said:
Why did you do the PSA route?

A PSA 10 Harper AFLAC Auto sold for $3500 recently, just as an example.

I know. But, was asking since the auto might be "bad" so that is why he went the PSA route.

I don't recall there being an Auto issue. Purely a decision based on potential return.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
masonphillip said:
jbhofmann said:
burke23 said:

pete

I did some research a few weeks ago and its just not that easy to say - http://freedomcardboard.com/forum/viewt ... &hilit=psa

In different cases, different slabs sell better but by no means is PSA clearly > BGS. I personally believe BGS is still the gold standard for prospect related stuff and that's where my stuff will continue to go.

This is why so many people send to BGS. They have always heard that BGS is it for modern chrome. Now there are so few new Chromes graded by PSA, that it creates a scarcity. That's all I'm saying. Heck, I send to BGS too.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
jbhofmann said:
masonphillip said:
jbhofmann said:
burke23 said:

pete

I did some research a few weeks ago and its just not that easy to say - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=127493&hilit=psa

This is why so many people send to BGS. They have always heard that BGS is it for modern chrome. Now there are so few new Chromes graded by PSA, that it creates a scarcity. That's all I'm saying. Heck, I send to BGS too.

Yeah and I think in some cases, that creates artificially high prices. Not that the dollars aren't real but on those high $$ sales but if everyone transitioned to PSA you'd see those sales drop extremely rapidly. Speculation on my part but again, why I stick with BGS.

burke23

Nov 12, 2010
For auto'd prospects/rookies I think the price difference balances out after a while, but early on the added return to a PSA 10 can be huge over a BGS 9.5. But for base rookies PSA seem to continually grossly outsell (as a %) bgs. I send to both, but my base all go to PSA.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
question: does your PSA membership ever expire. I joined back in 98 or 99 and have not sent anything to them in a long time

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts