Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Amazing baseball art

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A_Pharis

holy ****.

Those are amazing. That Gehrig... I want. I want bad.

HEY! CHICLE! LISTEN UP!

SEE THIS?!?! SEE THIS RIGHT HERE?!?!? FULL SIZE - SIZE IT DOWN TO CARD STOCK DIGITALLY. GET IT?!? GET IT?!?!

Seriously -- 2012 Panini Diamond Kings.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Wow, some of the best baseball art I've ever seen. This Mathewson in particular is stunning!

mathewson-1911.jpg

A_Pharis

I can imagine his paintings run into the thousands. Easily -- since he buys photo rights and provides archival level product.
I don't see how this guys hasn't done work for Cooperstown. I can see this stuff, full color or sepia, highlighting exhibits. It's a shame it doesn't already. This guy has amazing skill. Easily one of the best photo-realistic painters I have seen in a while.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
From the little bit I was reading, a lot of people want him to do more lithos. I think there are a few that have limited edition litho prints. The Big Papi painting on his site has a link to buy limited edition prints. There may be others.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
I think he is very busy with submission requests but he is a very nice guy to talk to and sets up at most nationals with a display.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
gracecollector said:
Wow, some of the best baseball art I've ever seen. This Mathewson in particular is stunning!

mathewson-1911.jpg
That Mathewson is so realistic that I think I contracted tuberculosis just looking at it.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
BG,

2012 Leaf Masterpiece Collection

Same as the previous Legends of the Game, RRR stuff but add redemptions for full paintings.

SICK!

G

It's not fair to compare this artist to those who worked on Chicle.

The Chicle artists were given a huge list of commissions with a short period of time to get them done. They were also paid very little compared to what this artist gets for his work. If you notice, he doesn't even put a price on the ones he has for sale, as an indication of just how steep the prices are.

This is a great artist. But he is simply too expensive and too time consuming to ever be effective on a card set.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I have been begging Graig to do lithos for a long time and he keeps saying that when the time is right and they can be sure the work is quality they will look into it. I have followedhis work for about 3 years now and am amazed everytime I see something new.

FYI He said he was going to be at the National but sadly will not be exibiting as he did a few years ago!! I am hoping to meet up with him and finally meet him in person. Maybe we can get him to stop by the FCB booth during the national

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Excellent artwork. However, folks dying for an amazing set of classic moments and photographs may want to revisit UD Masterpieces, particularly the 2007 set.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
That was an incredible thread. Thank you so much for posting it. That is one very talented artist!

Members online

Latest posts