Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Outragious prices!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
with prices for Juan Gonzalez cards like this i think i will sell out!
icon_e_wink.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... MEWAX%3AIT

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
hail2thevictors said:
nosterbor said:
icon_e_wink.gif

Thanks for reminding me of what a waste Juan Gonzalez was here in Detroit :lol: Such a horrific trade for us ::facepalm:: :lol:
you gave away nothing. so it was a wash! Juan did NOT want to played there. turned down a 10 year 160 mil contract because of that. i give him Big credit for that. it wasn't the money with him!

pujolsmvp2005

Nov 12, 2008
Gonzo was one of my favorite players growing up. I remember the 1992 season when he slugged 42 homers as a young 23 year old and then followed that up with 46 homers the next season. Tremendous time to be a young fan....Gonzalez, Mattingly, Griffey, McGwire, Bonds, Bonilla, Sosa, Gwynn, Puckett......WOW, really makes me smile!

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
pujolsmvp2005 said:
Gonzo was one of my favorite players growing up. I remember the 1992 season when he slugged 42 homers as a young 23 year old and then followed that up with 46 homers the next season. Tremendous time to be a young fan....Gonzalez, Mattingly, Griffey, McGwire, Bonds, Bonilla, Sosa, Gwynn, Puckett......WOW, really makes me smile!
that was a great time for baseball

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
nosterbor said:
hail2thevictors said:
nosterbor said:
icon_e_wink.gif

Thanks for reminding me of what a waste Juan Gonzalez was here in Detroit :lol: Such a horrific trade for us ::facepalm:: :lol:
you gave away nothing. so it was a wash! Juan did NOT want to played there. turned down a 10 year 160 mil contract because of that. i give him Big credit for that. it wasn't the money with him!

Gonzalez refusing to sign that contract was the best thing to happen to the Tigers during that time. 1999 to 2004 was just a miserable time to be a Tigers fan. To be crippled with that large contract for a player that wouldn't have played those last 4 or 5 years of the contract would have been disastrous.

I will always curse the name of Randy Smith as long as I breathe. Smith has been fortunate in that his leadership of professional sports ineptness in Detroit was surpassed by Matt Millen. Many Detroit fans have now forgot all about Randy Smith.

Members online