Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Exquisite RC's /99 /25 - Thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
I'm curious to hear everyones thoughts on these parallels. Do you consider them rookies considering they are from a 2010 product? Or do you consider them inserts and not a true rookie. I've heard a few people say 'well its his exquisite rookie, so it doesn't matter if UD isn't licensed, exquisite is exquisite". So what happens to this card in 2011 when his Exquisite RC auto is out? I'm going to be collecting Jake Locker, he's a local guy, went to the local university and is being targeted by the local NFL team (Seahawks) in most mock drafts.

I just don't know how to view the 2010 Exquisites as they're going for $75+ for a base card /99, but considering its a 2010 product, I don't know how the market will view it in a few months when 2011 products come out. Do you see this as a set that will be viewed as a 'high end rookie' in a few years, or will it drop when all of his 2011 stuff comes out? I can't tell if its NFL collectors buying at these prices or only college fans/alums buying because of the uniform the player is in.

Greatly appreciate any insight!

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
mstng99tim said:
They will more than likely be viewed as XRC's. Then when 2011 Exquisite comes out the RC's will be the patch autos.

This.

I think it's kinda like the "Redemption rookies" that they put in some other sports' late-in-the-year products for the next year. They do it alot in Hockey and they did some in Baseball back before Topps had the Exclusive...

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
gt2590 said:
mstng99tim said:
They will more than likely be viewed as XRC's. Then when 2011 Exquisite comes out the RC's will be the patch autos.

This.

I think it's kinda like the "Redemption rookies" that they put in some other sports' late-in-the-year products for the next year. They do it alot in Hockey and they did some in Baseball back before Topps had the Exclusive...

Agreed XRC's.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
There's also another angle....what if UD goes belly up sometime in the next 11 months before they can put out 2011 Exquisite....then it is indeed a RC for these guys (or will at least be seen as their 1 true exquisite RC).

The issue is this...sell now and get market for them....or wait until mid season when the market is dry and try to get a premium when and if the guy has a good week (if there even is any football to be played).

Or....hold until UD goes belly up (looks like they are stable enough to stay open awhile now) and have it be pretty much the guys #1 rookie. Say UD went belly up...I could see Cam Newtons selling for 1K+

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
bmc398 said:
There's also another angle....what if UD goes belly up sometime in the next 11 months before they can put out 2011 Exquisite....then it is indeed a RC for these guys (or will at least be seen as their 1 true exquisite RC).

The issue is this...sell now and get market for them....or wait until mid season when the market is dry and try to get a premium when and if the guy has a good week (if there even is any football to be played).

Or....hold until UD goes belly up (looks like they are stable enough to stay open awhile now) and have it be pretty much the guys #1 rookie. Say UD went belly up...I could see Cam Newtons selling for 1K+

Up until the moment he actually plays

bmc398

May 25, 2009
morgoth said:
bmc398 said:

There are still plenty of guys in 2010 who sell who were less than stellar. Tim Tebow ring a bell? Kid didn't play until the last 2 games, now is confirmed not to be the starter but STILL sells.

Its more complicated than that.

BGSRCGUY

Aug 7, 2008
Orange County
bmc398 said:
morgoth said:
bmc398 said:

There are still plenty of guys in 2010 who sell who were less than stellar. Tim Tebow ring a bell? Kid didn't play until the last 2 games, now is confirmed not to be the starter but STILL sells.

Also people forget Exquisite is usually the chase Rookie for any guy in the NFL. Exquisite won't come out with the autos/patches until around this time next year. Plenty of time for hype/selling to take place.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
bmc398 said:
morgoth said:
bmc398 said:

The more Tebow plays the less he will be worth. Same as will happen for Newton as was true for Jamarcus Russell and the rest of the good athlete bad QB players that get drafted.

Pat White was selling great until he played one game at QB got killed and ended up out of the league.

The guys a project at best, people will hold and hold until he proves he can't play so people who pull his stuff should hope he doesn't sniff the field his first year and probably hope to be a 3rd down guy in year 2.

Members online

Latest posts