Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I'm SO SICK of getting damaged cards in the mail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
And this time, I got ripped off as well... for six bucks!!! :evil:

Here's the link for the latest item:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0301670818

I always at least use a decoy when shipping undamaged jumbo gu cards. That's because there's a good chance they get creased when shipped in top loaders and bubble mailers. But this guy ships my card in a semi rigid in pwe. Wtf?! So I ship the card back to him in top loader and bubble mailer so he can see the damage. At $6 and seller w/ good feedback, I take my chances shipping w/o dc. A week later, I'm told he'll check whether the card arrived in a couple days. He stopped responding to messages afterward so I request a refund via paypal. He denies my request saying he never got the card back. I then tell him I think he's full of crap and that I'd leave a neg if he didn't refund. He escalates to a claim and says he would have refunded my money if I didn't accuse him of lying. That's a lie as he had denied my refund request already.

I'm thinking about just leaving neturals and/or negatives instead of wasting so much money on return shipping. I've probably spent $50 just to return damaged cards the last few years. It's a waste of my time composing messages as well and easily prevented if sellers do things right in the first place. Maybe bad feedback will get sellers to do things right in the first place.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
bear0555 said:
And this time, I got ripped off as well... for six bucks!!! :evil:

Here's the link for the latest item:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0301670818

I always at least use a decoy when shipping undamaged jumbo gu cards. That's because there's a good chance they get creased when shipped in top loaders and bubble mailers. But this guy ships my card in a semi rigid in pwe. Wtf?! So I ship the card back to him in top loader and bubble mailer so he can see the damage. At $6 and seller w/ good feedback, I take my chances shipping w/o dc. A week later, I'm told he'll check whether the card arrived in a couple days. He stopped responding to messages afterward so I request a refund via paypal. He denies my request saying he never got the card back. I then tell him I think he's full of crap and that I'd leave a neg if he didn't refund. He escalates to a claim and says he would have refunded my money if I didn't accuse him of lying. That's a lie as he had denied my refund request already.

I'm thinking about just leaving neturals and/or negatives instead of wasting so much money on return shipping. I've probably spent $50 just to return damaged cards the last few years. It's a waste of my time composing messages as well and easily prevented if sellers do things right in the first place. Maybe bad feedback will get sellers to do things right in the first place.

You have access to paypal, ship with paypal, DC is $.18

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Musial Collector said:
You have access to paypal, ship with paypal, DC is $.18

Like I said, I'd rather take my chances at $6. It's not about getting my money back as much as it is about getting the card undamaged and the seller not making things right.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
Sorry to hear about your rough luck recently. I've had this happen to me a few times, thankfully only with cards that cost $10 or less. I guess I've been lucky in the fact that all of the sellers simply refunded the money, and didn't require the cards being sent back. I mean honestly, what does the seller hope to gain by requesting you send back the damaged card. The card practically has zero value, maybe a buck to someone who collects the player and wants the card as a place-holder.

Latest posts