Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which QB will be most successful?

Which QB will be the most successful

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Which QB coming out of this draft do you think will be the most successful?
I think Locker will end up being the best. He had some horrible players at UW and I think that's why he looks bad on tape.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
I like Mallett with Locker second.

I would take either of them over Newton or Gabbert. Haven't seen enough of Dalton to have an opinion on him.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
To me Ryan Mallett is the only "Franchise" caliber guy in this draft.......I get the red-flags, so I can understand if people don't like him because of that......but I'd take my chances harnessing that talent.

Out of the bunched up second group - I'd probably place Ponder and Kaepernick above the rest - with at least a shot to be productive at some point.
As for Locker - He wouldn't even be on my draft board. I've seen nothing to indicate he is anything but a developmental prospect and a long-shot. To me that's 4th-5th round at the earliest and to me it's going to be a huge reach to take him in the first couple rounds.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
Locker is the most NFL ready so I chose him. One scout compares his skill set to an early Brett Favre. Gabbert has a solid head and could eventually develop into a very effective QB. I figure at worst he is another Ryan Fitzpatrick. Mallett could be the biggest boom or bust player in the draft. Love the arm but he may end up being a pick prone Jay Cutler clone... which isn't terrible for a team in need of a QB. I like Dalton as he is a proven winner while arguably working with less talent. He could do well on the right team. I'm mixed on Cam Newton. Big head seemingly containing minimal brain matter. I sense something closer to Vince Young more than Randall Cunningham or Michael Vick. One potential steal not on the list is Colin Koepernick out of Nevada. Another winner who looks good on the tape. The offense scheme he played in will undoubtedly scare a number of teams away.

Lots of QB talent this year even without Luck. Odds are a couple of these guys will not work out. Even 2004 where Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, and Matt Schaub bagan solid careers there was first round fail J.P Losman.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
I like Locker and Gabbert b/c of they are athletes at the QB position and have great attitudes. I have not heard any negative comments about their approach to the game and they have no off field issues. I also think Dalton, Ponder, and Koepernick have potential to be soild pro QB's as well. IMO Newton and Mallett have bust written all over them between the off field issues, trouble reading defenses (Newton), and a complete lack of mobility (Mallett).

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I went with Mallet, but it's so open a late-round guy could end up just as good as the 1st Rounders. I don't see any real "Franchise" QBs in this draft at all...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts