Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Odd inscription question, but...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
So follow me on this one, I will provide examples at the end of the post to clarify what I am getting at.

Do you guys think that having an inscription on an item that came before that event is weird? It isn't the worst thing in the world, but seeing an inscription of a date on a card that came before it is odd. Confusing, right?

Ok, so look at it this way. Say you send to a HOFer and you send him a rookie card, or a card from his playing era. He inscribes it with (example) "HOF 2008"

I guess I am just REALLY OCD, but it kinda seems odd to me.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Taylor, you are a weird, weird kid.
You WILL be the only person that finds this odd.

What would be odd is if you TTM'd Perkins and he signed it HOF 2035

tigsfan

Aug 15, 2008
Michigan
alifaxwa2 said:
My-Wife-And-Kids-Season-2.jpg

I only find it odd if they are the 84 World Series Champs, or more so by an important day i.e. a no hitter date, and they put it on a 82 card or something like that. HOF does not bother me at all.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Eh...I wouldn't say he's weird for asking this. He, unlike other people, just happened to think about it before he did it. At least he has that going on for him. It will eventually lead to an autograph collector that makes good choices. Because trust me, I've seen people get stuff signed, and I can't say its always been a success. Seen a lot of dumb crap go on.

To answer your question...no. I have gotten a few HOF football players to sign rookie cards or just regular cards from their playing days and had them put the HOF inscription on it. Something like that actually, IMO, makes the card even better. Of course I have a friend who just blows up everytime he sees me even getting a card signed. His point of view is I would be better served getting another premium item signed and then selling it. Me, since I already most likely have a premium item signed before I bother with cards, and I don't sell anything, really don't care. We also have a disagreement as well on the fact that sutographs ruin cards and their value. I say that's not correct because if you take someone like Jeff Bagwell, I could prove you wrong on the spot. You could take the ugliest and least valuable card of his career, get it signed, and I believe you could still sell it for more than it was originally worth. And if you couldn't, hell, if I knew it was legit, I'd buy it for $5 at the least.

I just don't see how an autograph can ruin the value of a card. Unless its numbered, GU, or somehow rare. Those three conditions I'd understand. I'd never get Bagwell to sign a 93 finest refractor. But if it was a 93 finest card, then yes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts