Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is this an error? 1/1 printing plate auto pics inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brewerfan99

Sep 7, 2010
Wisconsin
Hey guys need your help here. Just got this card in the mail today as it was my boxtopper redemption from 2010 Bowman Platinum. It is of Dodgers prospect Josh Lindblom. And if this is an error does it make it more or less valuable? Let me know your thoughts

001-5-1.jpg

The front of the plate is definetly blue despite my poor scan.

-al

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
I would think a 1/1 printing plate would have the same value regardless of the color or how its labeled. Besides, all my plates, blue/black/yellow/magenta have a blackish/bluish hue to them from picking up ink and pressing it on to a card repetitively.

Itchyiron

Nov 5, 2010
Probably not. The printing plates where I worked had a photo sensitive chemical coating that happens to be blue. The image is burned onto the
plate leaving the blue picture. The inks would leave a color tint on the plate after printing. I think I see a yellow tint on your card.

On a side note- the newspaper plates are really cool and I wonder if anyone collects them. At my old job we'd make extra plates for Super Bowls and such. After 25 years the only plate I kept was a Spring Training preview that a buddy took to Ariz. and got signed by a dozen Angels. He said they all wondered what the plate was. The big newspapers are too tight to even ask- but I wonder about local shops?

riveraXVX

May 6, 2011
Greensboro NC
I wouldn't say it is an error but more just a used plate.

I got my 2nd plate in the mail a couple weeks ago and its a yellow plate, that has magenta ink on the bottom back of the bowman frame

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Itchyiron said:
Probably not. The printing plates where I worked had a photo sensitive chemical coating that happens to be blue. The image is burned onto the
plate leaving the blue picture. The inks would leave a color tint on the plate after printing. I think I see a yellow tint on your card.

On a side note- the newspaper plates are really cool and I wonder if anyone collects them. At my old job we'd make extra plates for Super Bowls and such. After 25 years the only plate I kept was a Spring Training preview that a buddy took to Ariz. and got signed by a dozen Angels. He said they all wondered what the plate was. The big newspapers are too tight to even ask- but I wonder about local shops?

I used to work in a print shop, and the plates that we used had a bluish tint. I am also pretty sure that the plates are cleaned before being used by Topps to insert in packs.