Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

DSR Dilemma - Buyers & Sellers please weigh in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yanksno1

Jul 10, 2010
Florida
I recently purchased two cards from a seller. The cards were $.99 with $4.00 shipping each. I requested an invoice after the auctions hoping there was combined shipping, but received an invoice that stated my total was $1.98 + $8.00 for shipping for a total of $9.98. The auctions did NOT state that he offered combined shipping. Obviously, I paid as that is the risk you run if combined shipping is not stated in the item description.

The items arrived today in a bubble mailer with $1.71 postage printed on the package, no delivery confirmation, and the cards were penny-sleeved and taped to the front of one top-loader. They were not damaged.

I realize that this is not a lot of money and not a big deal, but I am curious how others would handle this situation.

I am looking for opinions on what I should leave for the shipping and handling charge line on the DSR, from both buyers and sellers. I don't leave negatives and really don't like leaving anything less that 5 stars across the board.

Thanks for the read and any feedback is appreciated.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
i would wait a week, then email the seller asking when my cards were shipped out and for the tracking number because youre concerned because they havnt arrived yet

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Considering you paid *four times* as much for shipping than for the cards, I'd leave a neutral with low s/h DSRs. The s/h was high to begin with.

Asking where it is is also a great idea :)

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
First I'd e-mail them asking for a voulentary excessive shipping charge refund.

If not responded to, follow up with eBay and then leave 1 star on DSR for shipping charges...

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
I agree with most everyone here by giving a 1 star for shipping, but as someone else stated above, I would email the seller stating that shipping was only $1.71 and you would like the difference in return. If anything, at least $5.00. There is no excuse for that at all. If the seller is going to charge that much for shipping then they should have sent it priority mail with better packaging (even though the cards were not damaged). If no response or they deny a refund on shipping I would then leave a neutral and state the excessive shipping cost. Be sure to also block the seller as well.

Just send a polite email, don't use anything that could be used against you later on or reported to ebay for harassment.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
When I buy cards from a seller and they do not combine shipping I expect the cards to be shipped in separate bubble mailers. I would ding him with a neutral and a low DSR.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
If a guy doesn't combine shipping why not pay twice with a note stating since you did not combine shipping, I will not combine payments and expect these to be mailed separately? Hit him with fees twice and if he combines them in one shipment, you can file a chargeback since you can't use the same DC for different items.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Maybe he screwed up.

Before you go and do anything, I'd email him and ask "You didn't combine shipping on my invoice, but you shipped the cards together. I was hoping we could work something out"

and you'll get an email back saying,

"I'm sorry about that, I didn't even look at the shipping cost when I sent it out. I just clicked send invoice, and then send. I'd just sold 300 cards and was trying to plow through it. If you shoot me your paypal, I'll refund you the difference. And thanks for letting me know before you left DSR dings! It was a stupid, not a sleezeball, mistake on my part. There's so many buyers on eBay that have serious complexes and get off on punishing people for their mistakes because they feel like they have to be the guy to warn everyone else. I'll happily refund you 6 of the 8 dollars you paid. I hope this isn't a problem!"

mjsch

Feb 16, 2011
Kansas
Definitely try to work something out with the seller first. This needs to be brought to his attention. If you are unable to reach a compromise, then give the seller neutral feedback and a one star for communication and shipping charges.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
He may refund you, he may not. Who knows. I personally try to stay the hell away from guys who won't combine shipping. In my eyes, if you are that kind of person, I'm not sure I want to fool with you. The fact you won't combine just means you are trying to rake extra money in. If that is how you want to do business, so be it.

Members online

Latest posts