Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So did I get screwed over?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boylen33

Jan 26, 2011
Alabama
The short: Bought two cases of Jumbo Bowman for $2,050 from a seller with over 1,400 feedback and no negative. Today he CALLED and told me he didn't have the cases, that his distributor screwed him and sent him 1 hobby case and a refund check for the rest. Spent about 30 minutes on phone with him-- super nice guy, sounded legit. Refunded my money and told me he would send an additional $200 to make up for it.

I just looked at his current auctions and see that he has 60 auctions up for various Bowman 2011 cards, including four printing plates and a Harper auto.

I know there is nothing I can do except leave negative feedback and move on, but I don't want to do that until he sends the promised "pain and suffering" money. But don't you guys think he completely lied about not getting any cases? I know this has probably happened to a lot of people already since the prices have skyrocketed.

Boylen33

Jan 26, 2011
Alabama
Sure, they could be. I already played that scenario out in my head. #1, he said he was sending the regular hobby case back as a matter of principle. #2, four plates in one case of regular hobby? Is that common?

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Boylen33 said:
Sure, they could be. I already played that scenario out in my head. #1, he said he was sending the regular hobby case back as a matter of principle. #2, four plates in one case of regular hobby? Is that common?

Topps collation = anything can happen.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Boylen33 said:

Maybe the case he got had the box that was supposed to go to Beckett, the one with four plates, a refractor rainbow, and an auto in each pack.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Let me get this straight. 

1. Perfect feedback
2. Extremely nice guy
3. Took the time to call you and explain the situation
4. Refunded your money
5. Offered you $200 for his distributor's mistake. 

Is that right?

Boylen33

Jan 26, 2011
Alabama
JoshHamilton said:

1. Perfect feedback
2. Extremely nice guy
4. Refunded your money

Is that right?

That is correct. But I have yet to see the money he "offered" to make up for it. A friend of mine actually emailed him through Ebay to inquire about additional cases and his response to him was different than what he told me.

I'm all for giving the benefit of the doubt, and I want to believe this guy. That's why I didn't rush to judgment and leave him a negative-- I HATE to leave negatives. I can't remember the last time I did, actually. We will see if he follows through with what he offered, I guess, and take it from there.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Boylen33 said:
JoshHamilton said:

1. Perfect feedback
2. Extremely nice guy
4. Refunded your money

Is that right?

That is correct. But I have yet to see the money he "offered" to make up for it. A friend of mine actually emailed him through Ebay to inquire about additional cases and his response to him was different than what he told me.

I'm all for giving the benefit of the doubt, and I want to believe this guy. That's why I didn't rush to judgment and leave him a negative-- I HATE to leave negatives. I can't remember the last time I did, actually. We will see if he follows through with what he offered, I guess, and take it from there.

1. Buy a metal coathanger
2. Hang yourself from it.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Wait for the 200 then go buy what you want
If the 200 never comes email the seller
and ask where is it? Hound him till he pays
if no money on the 20th day leave a NEG
Did you get your original money back?

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Ok so move on with the original cash
Make him pay the 200 but since you
have the original I doubt he does
How many folks would just take a neg over 200?
MOST

Boylen33

Jan 26, 2011
Alabama
Yeah, I don't expect to see the additional money. Wouldn't mind all this as much if it was just for me personally buying these cases. But it was for two group breaks I was doing with the product.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Boylen33 said:

Is this supposed to be funny?

Josh hamilton thinks he is edgy/funny/punk rock so excuse him

This is the same guy that posted a thread that he was saving someone's life until his girlfriend made him put his shotgun away so he just drove away and let the guy get stomped.

Don't let that absurdly inappropriate comment bother you, I'm sure a mod will catch it and deal with it.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Lancemountain said:
Boylen33 said:

Is this supposed to be funny?

Josh hamilton thinks he is edgy/funny/punk rock so excuse him

This is the same guy that posted a thread that he was saving someone's life until his girlfriend made him put his shotgun away so he just drove away and let the guy get stomped.

Don't let that absurdly inappropriate comment bother you, I'm sure a mod will catch it and deal with it.

Lance, the JoshHamilton dick rider to the rescue, as usual.

I have a feeling NOTHING will be done about the comment Lance.

Much worse things have been said on these boards that have resulted in nothing happening to the person who posted it.

And, I found it funny. But I also have a sick sense of humor, so others may not have enjoyed it as much as I did.

Members online

Latest posts