Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is Bowman Platinum going to be any good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SportsCardMojo

Aug 22, 2010
MD
I know the focus right now is on Bowman Baseball and Harper Autos, but with Bowman Platinum a month out, is it suppose to be any good? I ended up buying a case (or 2...or 3). I've been trying to stick with the staple products (Bowman, Topps S1, S2, Update, BC, BDP.) But I had a feeling Platinum might be good this year. Any thoughts? Something worth investing in?

saferseas

Mar 9, 2010
Portland, OR
uniquebaseballcards said:
sportscardfanatic said:
Is it really necessary?

Are you talking about Platinum or the Harper Auto?

Bowman Platinum. It waters down brands IMO.

I agree with this. With Bowman Sterling, Platinum is a bit redundant. I thinks Topps should replace it with a solid mid-range veteran product, similar to Upper Deck Heroes.

SportsCardMojo

Aug 22, 2010
MD
sportscardfanatic said:
Is it really necessary?

Are you talking about Platinum or the Harper Auto?

Bowman Platinum. It waters down brands IMO.

I agree. I think it's okay to have a few product lines, but I think Topps needs some help making clear distinctions between each product. And maybe in this case, more separation in terms of release date. Why is it that no one has stock? I can't find it anywhere.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
cgilmo said:
Is anything necessary?

If you do not make products, you do not get to do fun things like pay your employees.
6a00e5514bfe72883300e55357deb28833-500wi.jpg

Sure, my employees can make these all day long, but it doesn't mean they're necessary (the Neil Diamond nonwithstanding??) or that they'll eventually get paid for making them.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
Is anything necessary?

If you do not make products, you do not get to do fun things like pay your employees.
6a00e5514bfe72883300e55357deb28833-500wi.jpg

Sure, my employees can make these all day long, but it doesn't mean they're necessary (the Neil Diamond nonwithstanding??) or that they'll eventually get paid for making them.

Kiss my ass. Perry Como is awesome.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
I'd much rather have Bowman Heritage back, but any prospect product this year should be Harperific!!

Uniquebaseballcards, is right, Harper is like 8-track tapes.

crowTrobot

Nov 4, 2010
sportscardfanatic said:
Why is it that no one has stock? I can't find it anywhere.

it's available but overpriced now because bowman went up (blowout just quoted $1320/12). hard to make anything at that price. will probably stick with blasters.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Adamsince1981 said:
I'd much rather have Bowman Heritage back

Uhh, how could Topps create another Bowman Heritage set? They already used up the 48-55 designs (along with the 56 promo design in 2003)

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
JoshHamilton said:
Is it really necessary?

Lucky for you, you don't collect products like Bowman Platinum, so it doesn't affect you

I only have two 1/1s from these two products.

If Topps is hell bent on making yet another product they should make one with players that don't already have many cards.

Members online

Latest posts