Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Positive, but confusing UD customer service experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Last month I pulled a Chien-Ming **** black glove silver ink auto from sweet spot. I liked the card, but the auto was smudged. I called UD and sent them a scan and they said they wouldn't be able to replace it, but would send me something for my troubles.
I was still able to sell the **** for $115 on ebay despite the smudge which I was happy with, and today I got a package from UD. No complaints as it is a freebie, but I have no idea why they chose to send me the card below. Confused, but still this was cool that they hooked me up.
rcgu1.jpg

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
They probably packed whatever they had around

Wouldn't you think that just maaayyybe they'd have some 08 Sweet Spots around?

You had a Bad

1. New york team

2. Autographed

3. Baseball card

They sent you a

1. San Fran team

2. Plain game-used

3. Football card

wtf? that's a bad replacement if I've ever seen one.

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
chashawk said:
They probably packed whatever they had around

Wouldn't you think that just maaayyybe they'd have some 08 Sweet Spots around?

You had a Bad

1. New york team

2. Autographed

3. Baseball card

They sent you a

1. San Fran team

2. Plain game-used

3. Football card

wtf? that's a bad replacement if I've ever seen one.

It wasnt a replacement.He kept the ss auto and they sent him a free gu card.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Yeah, it wasn't a replacement, but rather "something for my trouble". Like I said, no complaints as I was able to sell the sweetspot and got it as a freebie. But why I got a football card is beyond me...Maybe I can trade it for a NY Giants card! :D

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
You did better than I did. I sent in an expired Carlton Fisk autograph redemtpion in hopes that they just might honor it since it was only a month or so overdue. Figured it was worth the price of a stamp. They sent me three packs of UD Hockey? They also ask you what players you collect and then send you random players. Another time, I gave them a list of Phil Hughes, Hunter Pence, Dustin Pedroia, and other rookies for some dual autographed cards they could not fulfill. They sent me two single signed Andruw Jones autographs :-(

They don't apply logic or honor your player list. They send you whatever they can scrape together.

Tom

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Tom Oates said:
You did better than I did. I sent in an expired Carlton Fisk autograph redemtpion in hopes that they just might honor it since it was only a month or so overdue. Figured it was worth the price of a stamp. They sent me three packs of UD Hockey? They also ask you what players you collect and then send you random players. Another time, I gave them a list of Phil Hughes, Hunter Pence, Dustin Pedroia, and other rookies for some dual autographed cards they could not fulfill. They sent me two single signed Andruw Jones autographs :-(

They don't apply logic or honor your player list. They send you whatever they can scrape together.

Tom

Dude, that is TERRIBLE! :lol: Sorry to laugh, but that is just ridiculous!

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
It depends on which CSR you get. Some are better than others. I called on getting my SS Will Clark auto replaced, the guy told me they didn't have any more. For my troubles he sent me four Red Sox Gu and autos. I was pretty happy with that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts