Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Buster Posey goes down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Scott Cousins had no reason to do that takedown. POS. Posey left him the whole outside of home plate. He went in to injure.

I am pissed.

jjj7880

Aug 7, 2008
nosterbor said:
SELL SELL SELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a Posey Etopps card and it was currently selling at $36 hoping for an auto this year but after the injury I took a 45 reward point deal for it.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Wow I did not see but it was that bad ? Carlos
Santana bad ?

jjj7880 said:
nosterbor said:

I had a Posey Etopps card and it was currently selling at $36 hoping for an auto this year but after the injury I took a 45 reward point deal for it.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
craiger122003 said:
Wow I did not see but it was that bad ? Carlos
Santana bad ?

jjj7880 said:
nosterbor said:

Same type of play, Santana's was a bit more disgusting.

jondawg04

Sep 1, 2008
Clean play, Giants fans can't possibly cry about that being intent to harm and justify it. Posey was positioned perfectly, he was not allowing the outer corner as a previous poster claimed, and he was full well prepared for the catch and tag on any play at the plate. Cousins did what any ball player should do on that play, go straight on in there and steamroll the catcher. Unfortunate timing for Posey, but there was absolutely nothing wrong with that play.

Wes

OG
Administrator
I was at the game and saw Cousins coming straight down the line. No chance for him to do anything but what he did, throw beat him and it all happened in just a few seconds. Never heard a ballpark that quiet.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
I am neither a Giants fan nor a Marlins fan... especially given my team allegiance. That being said, the catcher had barely gotten the ball, was blocking the plate and bobbling the ball, in the 12th inning of a tie game. The catcher blocked the plate, so the runner attempted to dislodge the ball.

Clean play.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
BigAppleJak said:
I wouldn't call that a "Clean play".

Here's a vid link:
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=310525126

Catcher is protecting the plate and the runner wants to score. Pretty sure the runner doesnt have the time to run scenarios through his mind on how he can score without injuring the catcher. Its instinct so analyzing the film to figure out if it was dirty makes little sense to me especially since the opposing team's manager said it was clean. It's the hazard of being a catcher.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
phillyfan0417 said:
BigAppleJak said:
I wouldn't call that a "Clean play".

Here's a vid link:
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=310525126

Catcher is protecting the plate and the runner wants to score. Pretty sure the runner doesnt have the time to run scenarios through his mind on how he can score without injuring the catcher. Its instinct so analyzing the film to figure out if it was dirty makes little sense to me especially since the opposing team's manager said it was clean. It's the hazard of being a catcher.
Yep, nothing dirty there.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
This was a clean play. I hope Buster's ankle isn't in too bad of shape. I would think that a major ankle injury would make it very difficult to play catcher. Jason Kendall was able to come back and play the position, but he had a long recovery and was never the same hitter.

MantMaris

Jul 29, 2010
Wisconsin
James52411 said:
This was a clean play. I hope Buster's ankle isn't in too bad of shape. I would think that a major ankle injury would make it very difficult to play catcher. Jason Kendall was able to come back and play the position, but he had a long recovery and was never the same hitter.

That Kendall break was NASTY

MantMaris

Jul 29, 2010
Wisconsin
shayscards79 said:
This is why I wouldn't play catcher. Id want to pull a Michael Barrett every time there was a home plate collision.

I couldn't get too mad at Posada for always coming up in front of the plate to get the ball. Almost never got the out at home but kept his bat in the lineup.

A_Pharis

Get in the way - prepare to get hit.
It's funny seeing people calling this "dirty", but the Swisher hit at the beginning of the season on the second baseman was "totally clean".
This is as clean is it gets... it's not like Cousins is just going to stop and say "Okay. Tag me."

MantMaris

Jul 29, 2010
Wisconsin
A_Pharis said:
Get in the way - prepare to get hit.
It's funny seeing people calling this "dirty", but the Swisher hit at the beginning of the season on the second baseman was "totally clean".
This is as clean is it gets... it's not like Cousins is just going to stop and say "Okay. Tag me."

Both were clean and part of the game

Members online

Latest posts