Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Am I being punked by Topps??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
So I bought a redemption for a 2010 Sterling Touched By Greatness Mariano Rivera auto for about $185 a few months ago. He hasn't had too many on-card auto's, so I was happy to get it. Today I see a package from Topps in the mail, and out falls the "We're sorry" note..... ugh..... Well let's see what the equal value replacement is............

Scan_Pic0003-1.jpg

Yes, that's right, a not-on-card Ozzie Smith auto (last one sold for $37).

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
Ugh that's not a good sign for me, I'm waiting for a Rickey Henderson Auto from 2010 sterling. I can't believe they wouldn't at least replace an on card auto for an on card auto. How do they think that those two cards are of similar value? Anyway good luck on getting a resolution.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
BUT you get 5 huge swatches of pearly white jersey! I would actually say that is better than the on card
autograph of Mariano. Actually Rivera does sign a TON of products, much more than Ozzie and that sticker
really does POP doesn't it? I would say the Oz plus 2 of those generous jersey swatches would of been
equal..but 5 swatches!!!!!

I think you did VERY well.

Sincerely,
Topps

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
If Mariano can sign ttm till his arm falls off I am not sure why a company with a pretty decent sized exclusive contract cant get him to sign.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
If you really want to hit topps in the balls, post this with a picture, on their twitter site and their facebook site.
Kevin

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
I just got off the phone with customer service, and they were FAR nicer than some of the posts here have indicated in the past. The lady I spoke to told me they would be sending me something "WAY nicer."

We'll see.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
schmidtfan20 said:
If you really want to hit topps in the balls, post this with a picture, on their twitter site and their facebook site.
Kevin

I'm sure they'd just delete it.

I'll give them a chance to make it right.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
:shock: Oh man, that is not good news, I am waiting on three of these redemptions myself.

We'll see what comes, haven't gone to my box today.

Edit: Just got your PM right after posting. I thought they would at least offer options, for something you collect.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
nyc3 said:
If Mariano can sign ttm till his arm falls off I am not sure why a company with a pretty decent sized exclusive contract cant get him to sign.

I have a feeling Topps doesn't even bother contacting players' agents before printing up redemptions

They lie about everything else, do you really think they aren't lying about this?

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
nevermore said:
:shock: Oh man, that is not good news, I am waiting on three of these redemptions myself.

We'll see what comes, haven't gone to my box today.

Edit: Just got your PM right after posting. I thought they would at least offer options, for something you collect.

Wow. Fingers crossed!

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
mmier118 said:
Ugh that's not a good sign for me, I'm waiting for a Rickey Henderson Auto from 2010 sterling. I can't believe they wouldn't at least replace an on card auto for an on card auto. How do they think that those two cards are of similar value? Anyway good luck on getting a resolution.

I am waiting for 3 Hendersons that I paid anywhere from $130-$150 each. Lesson learned, I will never purchase a redmption card again. EVER.

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
henderson939 said:
mmier118 said:

I am waiting for 3 Hendersons that I paid anywhere from $130-$150 each. Lesson learned, I will never purchase a redmption card again. EVER.

Good luck Ken! Maybe you'll end up with 3 Ozzie's ;)

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer
same exact thing happened to me .

i got an al kaline 10/10 3 relic card - i think the rivera was suppose to be numbered 5 or lower.

i called and right away they told me they would send me a bunch of other stuff. they were super nice.

Members online

Latest posts