Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lance Lynn & Maikel Cleto Called Up to the Cardinals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
http://isportsweb.com/2011/06/02/st-lou ... oming-stl/

Replacing McClellan will be Lance Lynn as the Cardinals have his contract purchased from Triple-A Memphis and will make his Major League debut Thursday night against the San Francisco Giants.

Lynn, 24, is one of organization’s most advanced pitching prospects and is in his second full season at Triple-A Memphis. He’s 5-3 with a 4.06 ERA, 54 strikeouts and 21 walks on the year. Lynn was a first-round selection in the 2008 Draft.

“Everything’s positive on [Lynn's performance this year],” general manager John Mozeliak said. “We wouldn’t make the move, wouldn’t bring him up if it wasn’t positive.”

Lynn will be pitching on short rest. His most recent start was Sunday at home against Omaha. He allowed four runs on seven hits in seven innings, striking out six against one walk. He threw 101 pitches.

gr5

Apr 30, 2011
Re: Lance Lynn Called Up to the Cardinals

Jaypers said:
http://isportsweb.com/2011/06/02/st-louis-cardinals-news-holliday-mcclellan-heading-dl-heath-bell-coming-stl/

Replacing McClellan will be Lance Lynn as the Cardinals have his contract purchased from Triple-A Memphis and will make his Major League debut Thursday night against the San Francisco Giants.

Lynn, 24, is one of organization’s most advanced pitching prospects and is in his second full season at Triple-A Memphis. He’s 5-3 with a 4.06 ERA, 54 strikeouts and 21 walks on the year. Lynn was a first-round selection in the 2008 Draft.

“Everything’s positive on [Lynn's performance this year],” general manager John Mozeliak said. “We wouldn’t make the move, wouldn’t bring him up if it wasn’t positive.”

Lynn will be pitching on short rest. His most recent start was Sunday at home against Omaha. He allowed four runs on seven hits in seven innings, striking out six against one walk. He threw 101 pitches.

To me it seems kinda crazy to bring up a young kid like that after throwing 101 pitches 4 days earlier but hey maybe that's just me.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Wow. They also called up Cleto (from Springfield). Unfortunately, in a bullpen role only.

As the owner of his Super, I'm rooting for the kid.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
HOLY HELL, they called up Cleto? Woah. When the Cardinals acquired him for Brendan Ryan in the offseason, I figured he wouldn't be up for a few years at least, and was considered a project.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Hahaha, poor guy!

After TLR came out there, he looked solid. He actually got squeezed a bit too.

But jeez, he was getting hammered.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
PujolsCollector said:
Jaypers said:
Wow. They also called up Cleto (from Springfield). Unfortunately, in a bullpen role only.

I think you better hold that........ He got ROCKED

Now you tell me.

Clearly he wasn't ready. Not sure why STL made that move. Lynn I can understand, but.....

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
PujolsCollector said:
Jaypers said:

I think you better hold that........ He got ROCKED

Now you tell me.

Clearly he wasn't ready. Not sure why STL made that move. Lynn I can understand, but.....

He was on the 40-man, and the bullpen at Memphis has been scoured by the Cardinals, so there's really no one left in AAA.

Members online

Latest posts