Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scott Cousins Recieving Death Threats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seitas

Aug 7, 2008
Sabean needs to shut up. Morrison reacted exactly how I'd expect any baseball player to. He is 100% right. I have friends that play/played MLB and the one thing they all had in common was that the GM's were idiots. I've never met a player that spoke highly of a GM when it wasn't said to the press. These guys are suits and Morrison called him out...you've never played sabean so shut up. The death threats are terrible too, no one should have to deal with it. I cant help but feel that Posey being silent about this is fanning the flames. I think he should just come out and say emotions were high and forgive Cousins...the guy has apologized so many times. Posey doesnt even have to talk to the guy just say something. I understand his apprehension, and as a competitor myself, I'd still be pissed that my season was over and I'd have very few words to say that would be nice.

seitas

Aug 7, 2008
boomo said:
i hope posey never plays again.
putz

Your as bad as Sabean, a guy that never played talking trash. Way to jump with both feet into the irony trap.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
seitas said:
Sabean needs to shut up. Morrison reacted exactly how I'd expect any baseball player to. He is 100% right. I have friends that play/played MLB and the one thing they all had in common was that the GM's were idiots. I've never met a player that spoke highly of a GM when it wasn't said to the press. These guys are suits and Morrison called him out...you've never played sabean so shut up. The death threats are terrible too, no one should have to deal with it. I cant help but feel that Posey being silent about this is fanning the flames. I think he should just come out and say emotions were high and forgive Cousins...the guy has apologized so many times. Posey doesnt even have to talk to the guy just say something. I understand his apprehension, and as a competitor myself, I'd still be pissed that my season was over and I'd have very few words to say that would be nice.

Yah, I agree with everything you said there. I just have a feeling that Posey is probably getting like a lot of phone calls, and he's immobile and on crutches. He said already that he'll talk to Scott eventually, but that it's not real high on his priority list right now. His wife is also pregnant with twins.

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
If this is true (death threats), some Giants fans have nothing to envy those LA morons who beaten a SF fan earlier this year. Hopefully, it is not a majority of people who will act like this. Seaban didn't helped, what the heck was he thinking?

And i also have a lot of respect for Logan Morrison.

fengzhang

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
I think people are confusing "within the rules" with "clean play." Sabean and Logan Morrison are doing what we expect: defending the players on their team so what they're saying isn't really surprising. One thing is for sure: next time, Cousins will think twice before taking a detour to run someone over. I expect he'll get a fastball to the ribs the next time the Marlins see the Giants.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
sebpoo said:
If this is true (death threats), some Giants fans have nothing to envy those LA morons who beaten a SF fan earlier this year. Hopefully, it is not a majority of people who will act like this. Seaban didn't helped, what the heck was he thinking?

I'm sure all fan bases have some fans who would do the same. Didn't that one Cubs' fan get death threats for interfering with Moises Alou's catch?

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
Surely this isn't the same fan base that has every right to be outraged by a Dodgers fan beating one of their fans into a coma turning around now and sending death threats to an opposing team's player... This is getting ridiculous. A young Chipper Jones tore his ACL in what was to be his 1st full year in the bigs and look how his career has turned out. I realize Chipper's was a non-contact injury versus Posey's contact injury on a clean play, but the point is Posey and the Giants will be fine in the long run. Get over it, move on and try to win with what you got.

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
lisu said:
sebpoo said:

I'm sure all fan bases have some fans who would do the same. Didn't that one Cubs' fan get death threats for interfering with Moises Alou's catch?

I remember in 06 or 07, Ryan Howard recieved some death threads from Met fans.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
The comments from the Giants GM were disgusting......imo it was totally out of bounds.
I certainly understand his frustration, but he is a professional and I'd have thought be above the type of comments you'd find by an irrational fan on a message board.

If his goal was to make Cousins' life a living hell, it seems it's working.
As someone with no horse in the race - It didn't seem malicious. Could it have been avoided? Probably, but it didn't seem to be anything blatantly dirty. Then it seemed Cousins was genuinely remorseful.
Not sure what else he could be expected to do.....and he's a better man than me if he can keep his mouth shut after those comments and refrain from decking that GM if they are in the same room.

Members online

Latest posts