Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB Draft - Surprise pick?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
With less than 24 hours till the MLB Draft, who are your surprise picks? Whether its a player getting picked way earlier than predicted or a player falling, what are your bold claims?

I have two,

Seattle will take Francisco Lindor with the #2 pick

Arizona will take Anthony Rendon AND Trevor Bauer and win the draft.

StrasburgMania

Jan 7, 2011
Sonny Gray falling out of top 15
with all this good pitching: Bundy,Cole,Bauer,Barnes,Jungmann,Hultzen,Bradley (2), and more.
I just see to much pitching talent in this draft that I think is better than Gray

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
Mariners would be stupid enough to take Lindor. I'll hope for Bauer or Starling but will settle w/Rendon.

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
frzg said:
With less than 24 hours till the MLB Draft, who are your surprise picks? Whether its a player getting picked way earlier than predicted or a player falling, what are your bold claims?

I have two,

Seattle will take Francisco Lindor with the #2 pick

Arizona will take Anthony Rendon AND Trevor Bauer and win the draft.

Danny Hultzen Sneaks up to #1

Wont happen but I can wish as he and Arizona are just about done

StrasburgMania

Jan 7, 2011
NECpilgrims8 said:
The Dbacks get Hultzen and Gray, which would be insane.

Springer and Barnes go back-2-back to CLE and CHC.
Do you really think Gray will go at 7? I have there is WAY to many great pitchers.

soxrchamps07

Aug 7, 2008
StrasburgMania said:
with all this good pitching: Bundy,Cole,Bauer,Barnes,Jungmann,Hultzen,Bradley (2), and more.
I just see to much pitching talent in this draft that I think is better than Gray

Gray has been connected with Cleveland at 8 quite a bit, if there was one pick in the Top 10 that I was most confident it would be Gray to Cleveland. Saying that, when you are hearing a rumor as often as this one it could mean that is just what the team wants people to think and that they are actually going in another direction.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Rays put a side 14 million dollars for this draft but I have one of their picks being the big bottomed:

Daniel Vogelbach with one of their 1st round picks

He worked out for the Rays, Red Sox, and Twins on Saturday.

Top 10 surprise: Cubs Mikie Mahtook taken with pick #9

Only pre-arrange draft rumors coming out of Houston is the Astros are trying to cut a pre-draft deal with Stanford lefty Chris Reed at #11. Astros denying it but they also denied last year they would take Delino Deshields Jr.

StrasburgMania

Jan 7, 2011
soxrchamps07 said:
StrasburgMania said:

Gray has been connected with Cleveland at 8 quite a bit, if there was one pick in the Top 10 that I was most confident it would be Gray to Cleveland. Saying that, when you are hearing a rumor as often as this one it could mean that is just what the team wants people to think and that they are actually going in another direction.
Seems strange they would let teams know who they are going to take maybe a team would draft Gray ahead of them just to piss em off hahaha ;)

soxrchamps07

Aug 7, 2008
StrasburgMania said:
soxrchamps07 said:
StrasburgMania said:

Seems strange they would let teams know who they are going to take maybe a team would draft Gray ahead of them just to piss em off hahaha ;)

They are called rumors and leaks for a reason, it's not like teams send out an email to other teams saying "we really like Player A and it would be really nice if you would let us draft him".

StrasburgMania

Jan 7, 2011
soxrchamps07 said:
StrasburgMania said:
soxrchamps07 said:
StrasburgMania said:

They are called rumors and leaks for a reason, it's not like teams send out an email to other teams saying "we really like Player A and it would be really nice if you would let us draft him".
I understand but seems like they would do anything not to let it out.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Mariners asked for Rendon's medical report and his camp said "no" and Mariners have now turned attention to Bubba Starling's demands....

I personally want the Dodgers to take Brandon Nimmo where hopefully I can see in Ogden at some point.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
19braves77 said:
Mariners asked for Rendon's medical report and his camp said "no" and Mariners have now turned attention to Bubba Starling's demands....

I personally want the Dodgers to take Brandon Nimmo where hopefully I can see in Ogden at some point.

I don't know where people get this from... its 100% wrong. Every single team in baseball has Rendon's medical report and has had it for some time now. It has already been confirmed.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
StrasburgMania said:
soxrchamps07 said:
StrasburgMania said:

Your stupidity continues to astound.....please go away, you add NOTHING to these threads. Maybe if you weren't 12 and had been around for more than six months, you'd realize how foolish you make yourself look every time you post.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
frzg said:
19braves77 said:

I don't know where people get this from... its 100% wrong. Every single team in baseball has Rendon's medical report and has had it for some time now. It has already been confirmed.

Frank Marcos, senior director of the MLB Scouting Bureau, which provides supplemental scouting services to all 30 teams, confirmed Friday that the bureau received medical information from Rendon pertaining to both to his ankle and shoulder. He said the information was provided to every ballclub.

"We got them from Anthony and got them out to the 30 clubs," Marcos said. "We turn it around in a day or two."

He said that the scouting bureau, as a matter of course, requests medical information from prospects with medical issues. What they receive can vary dramatically, however, and sometimes leaves teams desiring more information.

Mariners, Pirates, and D-backs have said its basic information that they have known about since February and its a month old. This week the Pirates asked for an updated physical and were declined.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
The bleacher report still has Cole going first to the Pirates. Pitchers pitchers and more pitchers.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
For my money Cole is still my number 1. I just think his repertoire is the best. My surprise is Gray falls to 15, which would be the IDEAL pick for the Brewers right there as their second selection is unprotected.

The Brewers get Barnes and Gray and I am a happy man.

Latest posts