Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Did my first box break with my 2 year old son

First Edition cards are

• parallels.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
He spent most of the time turning the TV on so he could continue watching Thomas the Train, but he did enjoy the wrappers and didn't manage to damage any of the cards he held. This box came from Craig Smith, who sent it to me about a year ago when I was commenting about Topps and Bowman "First Edition" boxes. I really liked them because they were no frills packs: there were no inserts, just cards like back in the 70s and 80s. Plus, the pictures on many of them were the same used for the autographed versions of their chrome cards. So, Craig sent me a 2005 Bowman First Edition Baseball box. Verlander was the picture on the box, so I was hoping to pull him. Here are my three favorite pulls:

scan0004.jpg
scan0005.jpg
scan0006.jpg

I also pulled a Jonathan Sanchez, Ian Kinsler, Jeff Niemann, and Billy Butler from the box. A similar Kemp recently sold for $6.49 delivered on ebay. I still contend that these should all be considered ROOKIE CARDS. Each dealer had to take one 2 box case of First Edition cards and one 12 box Hobby Case in order to get an 8 box Jumbo Case. They were inserted into packs. How are they considered parallels and not rookie cards?

David

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
If Bowman chrome isn't a parallel of bowman, but its own set, then bowman first edition should be as well.

It's even sillier now that bowman chrome comes in the same PACK as bowman, yet it is its own set.

Members online

Latest posts