Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This week's eTopps:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Card Geeks Blog

Jun 2, 2011
Hoping for a low PR on Howard and Ackley although both are probably immediate money makers if you sell as soon as they allocate.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
I'm passing on all 3.

Espinosa
Price: US$6.00
Max Issue Qty: 749

Dustin Ackley 2011

Seattle Mariners
2B
Price: US$8.00
Max Issue Qty: 999

Ryan Howard 2011
Philadelphia Phillies
1B
Price: US$4.00

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Jeff N. said:
I'm passing on all 3.

Espinosa
Price: US$6.00

Dustin Ackley 2011

Seattle Mariners
2B
Price: US$8.00
Max Issue Qty: 999

Ryan Howard 2011
Philadelphia Phillies
1B
Price: US$4.00

The only one that's tempting is Howard, Ackley at $8 with a PR of 999...not a fan.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
Howard is good for the etopps games, that's it. Last year's version was the same price at 899 and could be had below IPO on cardtarget a week after release. 749 this year means it will probably hover at $4.50 or so until the fantasy games end, then plummet to $3 or less.

Ackley isn't a bad deal at $8, considering the hype around him. It could hit $9-$10 out of the gate, but will dip below IPO if he struggles. Of course, he could also light it up, and it might be the Buster Posey card of this year (wishful thinking perhaps).

Passing on the Espinosa, as $6 just seems high for a National not named Strasburg or Harper.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
jerry!jerry! said:
I'll probably grab howard. Guessing it will be at $6 for a week or two.

More like a day or two, if that. There's too many Etopps Howards already, and they never retain much value.

Howard and David Wright are the two guys that don't deserve an etopps card every year, but get it anyway (and maybe Derek Jeter as well).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts