Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

why did some of these end so high compared to others???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
t_crabby95 said:
i know ones numbered to 9 and one to 27, but thats not really the reason is it?

I assume it is. Nolan Ryan master set collectors have had years to aquire the /27 which is more plentiful. I bet some alse bid on eye appeal as well.

Example-
2011 Bowman Gold Dee Gordon -
/50 $125
/25 $200
/5 $400

edit- Welcome to the hobby. Feel free to ask away. Numerous advanced collectors on here with tons of knowledge in their niche willing to help.

t_crabby95

Jun 20, 2011
MartinFFcollector said:
t_crabby95 said:
i know ones numbered to 9 and one to 27, but thats not really the reason is it?

I assume it is. Nolan Ryan master set collectors have had years to aquire the /27 which is more plentiful. I bet some alse bid on eye appeal as well.

Example-
/50 $125
/25 $200
/5 $400

i know the ones with lower serial numbers are more desired, i just didnt think it would make that much difference. i got mine for 20 bucks. looks like i got a deal!

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
t_crabby95 said:
MartinFFcollector said:
[quote="t_crabby95":gm2opwuh]i know ones numbered to 9 and one to 27, but thats not really the reason is it?

Example-
/50 $125
/25 $200
/5 $400

i know the ones with lower serial numbers are more desired, i just didnt think it would make that much difference. i got mine for 20 bucks. looks like i got a deal![/quote:gm2opwuh]

Did you buy yours upon release? Sometimes thats the best time to buy since eBay is flooded with tons of cards and the player collectors have to sort through the ones they want. Now that not many have been listed the lower #'d cards sell for a premium for certain players... just depends on what you are selling and how many buyers are looking for that card... sometimes the seller gets lucky.

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
Bidding wars can make a price go way out it's normal range. I know I've paid 2-3x what the card would normally go for as I was afraid I might not see another, had extra cash etc. $20...congrats!

I once sold a >$1 card lot of 2 cards for $14. It was a common. 1989 Fleer Bill Ripken Black Box corrected version (the most common, mass produced). I felt bad for the buyer. There were tons on ebay for buy it now (BIN) for cheaper and I never understood it.

t_crabby95

Jun 20, 2011
i bought it about a month ago its numbered 7/9 and says "383" the middle jersey looks like it has a red stain or maybe some dye bleed on part of it.

chadwright

Jun 25, 2011
Austin, TX
I was watching that one too. I think it was just a bidding war between very determined buyers. The /9 version of that card with an autograph actually went for less (about $135). eBay's a weird place.

Members online

Latest posts