Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Grr Giants offense

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
is so frustrating. The first two games of the series they score a million runs outta the norm...and for lincecum...1.

The last time someone hit 30 HR i think was Bonds before he got hurt! ughh

sorry

/rant

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
Try being a Cubs fan during that game. Yesterday was an absolute embarassment. Doug Davis & Rodrigo Lopez starting a doubleheader, really? Really? That's the best we can do? ::facepalm::

Dempster outpitched Lincy, and gives up a fluky double to start the 9th. Gets yanked, and watches the closer give up 3 consecutive hits. Not sure why Quade didn't leave him in the game, only gave up like 3 hits, and had retired 20 of the last 21 he faced.

Quade needs to be fired. Thank god Doug Davis got released today.

Guess I will end my rant now too. :lol:

Wes

OG
Administrator
gonzagacubs said:
Try being a Cubs fan during that game. Yesterday was an absolute embarassment. Doug Davis & Rodrigo Lopez starting a doubleheader, really? Really? That's the best we can do? ::facepalm::

Dempster outpitched Lincy, and gives up a fluky double to start the 9th. Gets yanked, and watches the closer give up 3 consecutive hits. Not sure why Quade didn't leave him in the game, only gave up like 3 hits, and had retired 20 of the last 21 he faced.

It's pretty standard managing to take out a starter in the 8th or 9th before he can face the potential go-ahead run. The thinking being he has pitched so well that it would be unfair to saddle him with the loss. That and Marmol is supposed to be an elite closer.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
LLWesMan said:
gonzagacubs said:

It's pretty standard managing to take out a starter in the 8th or 9th before he can face the potential go-ahead run. The thinking being he has pitched so well that it would be unfair to saddle him with the loss. That and Marmol is supposed to be an elite closer.

Supposed to being the key word. He has been shaky the last few weeks. I am kinda hoping they trade Marmol, since he should bring a good return and the Cubs rarely are in a spot to win anyways.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Saw the box score in the paper today, I almost felt bad for him....then I remembered he plays for the Giants. ;)

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
LLWesMan said:
gonzagacubs said:

No, I totally get that. It's the same thing they were saying during the broadcast last night. Before Burrell doubled in the 9th, he retired 20 straight. I just think he would have worked out of the jam without letting anymore runners on base.

Jan 15, 2009
If they even had a competent offense they would be running away with the West, maybe even the NL...problem is their offense is horrendous! Sabean needs to make some upgrades, if he gets Beltran or another outfielder Ross or Torres will be gone, or at least Torres should be hasn't provided much.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
off topic...who are the all stars on this year's all star team?

Wilson AND Lincecum? Superstar 2 CY pitcher and still has strong stats despite the 6-6 record because of the offense :/

Wes

OG
Administrator
darocker80 said:
off topic...who are the all stars on this year's all star team?

Wilson AND Lincecum? Superstar 2 CY pitcher and still has strong stats despite the 6-6 record because of the offense :/

Lincecum will make it then be replaced by Cain who will be replaced by Vogelsong.

Members online

Latest posts