Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Possible USPS theft: UPDATE (Returned to me!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA
I'm absolutely sick and disgusted that these cards may be lost or stolen. The tracking information shows that they made it to the buyer's local post office on time but that they were never out for delivery or delivered. It's been over a week since they made it to the post office and were last scanned/seen. The post office has searched everywhere and says that they don't have it. Luckily, the package is insured for it's full worth but I know the buyer and myself would rather have the cards show up.

If anyone has any tips on any action that I can take with USPS or the local police, please let me know. I've never had a package lost and of course this is my first.

It's still early enough that I'm hoping we can catch anything if the package was stolen. Thanks in advance guys.

Cards missing:
2005%20Absolute%20Memorabilia%20Tools%20of%20the%20Trade%20Laundry%20Tag%20Prime%20Red%2038%20Large.jpg

2010%20Topps%20Triple%20Threads%20Jumbo%20Letter%20Plus%20Relics%20Platinum%20Large.jpg

2010%20Topps%20Triple%20Threads%20Jumbo%20Plus%20Letter%20Relics%202%20Large.jpg

2005%20Absolute%20Memorabilia%20Tools%20of%20the%20Trade%20Swatch%20Single%20Jumbo%20Prime%20Red%20112%20Large.jpg

2005%20Absolute%20Memorabilia%20Tools%20of%20the%20Trade%20Autograph%20Swatch%20Double%20Reverse%2038%20Large.jpg

2004%20Donruss%20Elite%20Extra%20Edition%20Signature%20Aspirations%20Gold%20Large.jpg

2000%20SPx%20Spectrum%20Large.jpg

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
Re: Possible USPS theft: please keep your eyes open for these!

These are serious cards... Did you get in touch with the seller? And what did he say?

I hope you get them very soon, bud.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008

That's my neck of the woods. I'll keep an eye out.

Have you asked your Post Office to run the insurance number?

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA

excel_B said:
These are serious cards... Did you get in touch with the seller? And what did he say?

I hope you get them very soon, bud.

I was the seller, not the buyer. They're my cards that are lost. The buyer has been to the local post office numerous times and talked to multiple supervisors and received the same story each time.

Jastermereel said:
That's my neck of the woods. I'll keep an eye out.

Have you asked your Post Office to run the insurance number?

Thank you. The post office has run the insurance number and that's how we were able to track it down to that post office. Everything went fine until it made it to Charlottesville.

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland

My apologies... Maybe it's on a different route, and should come back to where it's supposed to go.

I will definitely keep an eye out as well.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois

That makes me sick to my stomach.

Imho, the last person to scan the package should be responsible for answering for it's whereabouts.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.

The PO has been an absolute mess the last couple of years.. If I had to ship anything high dollar I would use UPS or FedEx because they are a bit more organized.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York

chashawk said:

Imho, the last person to scan the package should be responsible for answering for it's whereabouts.

if you sent the package registered mail (the only way to send anything you're willing to take a risk on losing), then the last USPS employee to handle the package will most likely lose their job. Yes, they are THAT serious about Registered Mail.

Hopefully you sent it Registered Mail

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA

ThoseBackPages said:
chashawk said:

if you sent the package registered mail (the only way to send anything you're willing to take a risk on losing), then the last USPS employee to handle the package will most likely lose their job. Yes, they are THAT serious about Registered Mail.

Unfortunately, nope. I've never had a single package lost the normal way. It was sent Priority. :cry:

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA

This situation sucks. At least you got scans out so if anyone sees these cards they will know exactly which ones were stolen (assuming they saw the pics here)

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA

The package still hasn't turned up so an insurance claim and police report are being filed. Please keep your eyes open for these cards and contact me immediately if you see any of them. They shouldn't be too hard to miss.

Similar situation happened to me.
I shipped back a card to the seller. A week went by and they were only traveling about 50 miles in state. The package had been sitting at the post office because the seller screwed up the address.

How long has it been since you shipped them ?

If the buyer went to the PO and there still nowhere to be found then I would say all you can do has been done. At least your insured.
Hope everything turns out ok for you.

I know your leaving the hobby, but don't you want to hang on to some of your guys nicest cards? I have always thought about selling some of my best Mac stuff knowing I could def get back a nice amount of coin , but I know down the road I would upset for doing it.

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010

The buyer was me I have been out of town for almost a week, but I checked with the post office before I left a few times and today upon my return. They swear it is the darnest thing, what makes this weirder is I have received every other package (about 50 in the time period) that has been sent to me insured, delivery confirmation, signature confirmation, etc.

No clue whats going on here, and I am upset this is happening as the item has got to be back there somewhere in all of their stuff.

Eamon

Jun 16, 2010

ThoseBackPages said:
chashawk said:

I am in management for one of the 3 main shipping companies here in the US.... these facilities are all a big mess... stuff can get lost so easily... I hope it shows up for you guys. Also... from personal experience... they don't really care about registered mail at all. I have seen people destroy things on purpose in a sorting facility and all they had to go through was a formal hearing saying they wouldn't do it again. I would love to disclose more details but, it would be against my policies.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.

Russ is in the same area and has lost some high end Ripkens.

sucks man.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois

Scott sorry to see this. I had a package left in the truck it fell back where you could not see it I guess.
And then the truck had to go to other facility for service and some guy over there found it about 3-4 weeks later.

So when my mail chick got her truck back she brought it to me that same day. We laughed because it was not a
big value of a card and I forgot I even traded for it.

I know this is not a laughing matter at all, but hopefully this maybe the same type of thing that happened, it is just
sitting some place and people are just not seeing the Forrest beyond the trees.
Good Luck brother

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA

:mrgreen:

The package was returned to me today. It appears as if some ink like fluid was spilled and covered part of the mailing address, making it impossible to deliver. I'm just so relieved that it's not lost forever.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008

schillingfan said:
:mrgreen:

The package was returned to me today. It appears as if some ink like fluid was spilled and covered part of the mailing address, making it impossible to deliver. I'm just so relieved that it's not lost forever.

Thank God! Glad to hear Scott!

Members online

Latest posts