Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Have you ever regretted making a trade or sale ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
It was a question I was asking myself on the 4th of July (couldn't post yesterday, due to the down time. Chris, I forgive you ... ). Has there ever been a sale of a card or item or have you traded away something that you almost immediately regretted doing ?

For me, the only thing that is in this category is the A&G Red Ink JJ /10 that I sold George last year. I don't fully regret it, because it was the final piece to an amazing set, but I haven't seen one pop anywhere again. But, I'm so glad that I could help George out and finish up that set for him. This would be, at the moment, the only card I have regrets of selling or trading.

What's yours ?

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I am still grateful to you and I am still on the look out for one and will purchase the card for you when found.

I regret selling a '69 Mantle White Letters, card was well centered, sharp corners and straight ends. I have seen many other but few in its condition.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
I've never sold a PC item and traded only one that I haven't replaced yet but I got a much better card in return for it so I don't miss it all that much.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I had a duplicate Henderson auto that I got on the cheap and I let it go in a trade for some stuff I needed, but I should have held on to it or traded for higher end stuff. Wish I would have kept it longer and got some rare stuff, but since I had another I figured it didn't matter.

mjbuchanan80

May 16, 2011
Kansas City
in '03 I pulled a Bowman's Best Ryan Howard auto. Sold it for $20 bucks on ebay. :benson: No idea that a few years later that thing would skyrocket. Hindsight can be a punk-a** b***h sometimes.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
i have a few pack pulled autos i wish i would have held on to:

1992 Score Yastrzemski
1992 UD Hi # Bench/Morgan
1993 Leaf Lemieux

all pulled when the products were released

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I "traded" a Vick auto. It was a UD portraits that was damaged and I should have had someone make a custom with it instead of getting rid of it. I never got my end of the package and the guy has dropped off the face of the card collecting planet. Traded it almost 2 years ago.

I also traded and gave away some basketball rookies over the years that I should have held onto.

EDIT: I just want to explain the first part of my post.

I had traded with someone who sent me damaged stuff. I made a thread on Topps about this damaged stuff and this member offered to trade me for it knowing full well that it was damaged.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Sold my 2003 Bowman Chrome Brian McCann Gold Refractor Auto this morning and already regretting it a bit. There's not too many players with Chrome Gold Ref's who have a streak of 6 consecutive AS games.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Almost even time I sell someone on E-bay and I get less then what most have gotten for the same card around the same time sold :lol:

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
55_marlins_sp said:
It was a question I was asking myself on the 4th of July (couldn't post yesterday, due to the down time. Chris, I forgive you ... ). Has there ever been a sale of a card or item or have you traded away something that you almost immediately regretted doing ?

For me, the only thing that is in this category is the A&G Red Ink JJ /10 that I sold George last year. I don't fully regret it, because it was the final piece to an amazing set, but I haven't seen one pop anywhere again. But, I'm so glad that I could help George out and finish up that set for him. This would be, at the moment, the only card I have regrets of selling or trading.

What's yours ?

Mine is something you can dig, because I want you to have it.

2006 Bowman Chrome, Pulled a Josj Johnson Red Refractor/5, and sold it with another prospect red ref/5 for 9.99 each. Don't know what they'd go for now, but I do regret getting rid of the johnson even if its not that much more valuable now. Just because every time I see one of your posts, I want to have it for you.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
My childhood star card collection, including runs of Brooks Robinson and Nolan Ryan cards. That was in 1985. Still regret letting them go, and not just because I sold them for what eventually became pennies on the dollar. Lately, I regret NOT selling when I should.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
Topnotchsy said:
Sold my 2003 Bowman Chrome Brian McCann Gold Refractor Auto this morning and already regretting it a bit. There's not too many players with Chrome Gold Ref's who have a streak of 6 consecutive AS games.

the 400 was hit?? nice!

i still think his golds have lots of room because of the limited availability on the early bowman chromes where there are no red, orange and blue refractor autos

dave

jaderock

Jan 22, 2009
Funny you bring up the subject. I just sold an insert that I thought I had two of...turns out one is hiding and to avoid an unhappy ebayer buyer, I had to take the only other copy out of my PC...I'm sure I'll find another one later eventually, but I wishj I didn't have to do it this way.

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
wolfmanalfredo said:
55_marlins_sp said:

What's yours ?

Mine is something you can dig, because I want you to have it.

2006 Bowman Chrome, Pulled a Josj Johnson Red Refractor/5, and sold it with another prospect red ref/5 for 9.99 each. Don't know what they'd go for now, but I do regret getting rid of the johnson even if its not that much more valuable now. Just because every time I see one of your posts, I want to have it for you.

When did you sell it ? I still remember before Nats, in '08, one going off for the $9.99 opening bid and totally forgetting about it. Must've been around July 24th, if memory serves me correct

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
I regret selling my Jackie Robinson/Pee Wee Reese Dual patch /25 from Ultimate Collection and my 3 color Lance Alworth Logo Patch from Leaf Limited.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
I was forced to sell my Pineda gold reflector BGS 9 for $10 less than I paid for. ($100). Aside from the cash I left on the table, I just like that card.

AK11

May 24, 2010
This is why I have a "Gone but not Forgotten" folder in my photobucket. Under that folder you'll see a T206 Green Portrait Ty Cobb graded BVG 2. I bought it raw for $650 and sold it for $950. I regret it for 2 reasons: a) the reinvested funds netted nothing for my pc in terms of keepers and b) aside from a date stamp on the back that held the grade down, it was a beautiful 2 with no surface creases whatsoever. Oh the agony of selling such a card :(

trolea1234

Aug 7, 2008
A Pujols 2001 leaf R&S auto. The one that doesn't book due to scarcity. Sold for a whopping $166 in 2002 ( was the going rate back then)

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I also remember trading a '65 Joe Morgan RC for two boxes of '92-'93, I think, French Pinnacle Hockey. Again, this was back in '93, so the Morgan was still $100 - $120, but the boxes had Felix Potvin and Eric Lindross possibly in them ...

Members online

Latest posts