Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Successful card shop promotions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old Kentucky Shark

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas
Just sitting thinking about things I can do here in the shop to have some fun and get some more people in the door.

What are some things that your LCS does or something that you would enjoy?

I do pack wars and I'm starting a new giveaway game here soon.

showoff

Aug 8, 2009
mine doesnt have any. flat and dray is the lcs. however, I remember when 1 card shop in California or something had a raffel the day before easter. If you made any purchase you would go into a pot. Who ever won would get how ever much they spent matched in a giftcard to the shop. Some guy spent $1300 and he won.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
When I ran the shop years ago we did bbq's on Saturdays and had auctions and such.

Drew a good crowd too! (50 people usually)

Hullfan

Aug 9, 2008
St Louis
A shop I used to go to had a customer bid board. Once registered, Customers could go in and put their cards up on the board with minimums and let the bidding begin. They ran for a week so It got some traffic in there by people just trying to gets steals on cards going for so low of a price. And also guaranteed to get some people in there at least twice, the beginning day and last day.The shop owner took a percentage cut at the end and then gave the sellers the money. No shipping, No buyers and sellers exchanging anything everything done through the shop for a small fee. I got rid of a ton of Arod's thay way. Even if people were only bidding a buck I was getting rid of them and making a little bit

Old Kentucky Shark

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas
Hullfan said:
A shop I used to go to had a customer bid board. Once registered, Customers could go in and put their cards up on the board with minimums and let the bidding begin. They ran for a week so It got some traffic in there by people just trying to gets steals on cards going for so low of a price. And also guaranteed to get some people in there at least twice, the beginning day and last day.The shop owner took a percentage cut at the end and then gave the sellers the money. No shipping, No buyers and sellers exchanging anything everything done through the shop for a small fee. I got rid of a ton of Arod's thay way. Even if people were only bidding a buck I was getting rid of them and making a little bit

I've heard this idea before and I've considered it. Especially considering everyone's displeasure with Ebay.

Old Kentucky Shark

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas
HPC said:
When I ran the shop years ago we did bbq's on Saturdays and had auctions and such.

Drew a good crowd too! (50 people usually)

I like that idea. A card party. Even once a couple of times a month would be cool. Thanks!

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
A shop I went to had a drop zone where the owner put cards in there and lowered the price $1/day. He'd have some okay stuff in there but would occasionally put some nice things in there. I would come into the shop more often if there was something I was interested in to see if it was still there and end up spending money busting wax.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
Old Kentucky Shark said:
Hullfan said:

I've heard this idea before and I've considered it. Especially considering everyone's displeasure with Ebay.

I can't get to T-town right now but I'd have plenty to put in if you were to start that.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
My shop has a customer appreciation once a year. 10 or so customers are invited. They provide food and drink, etc. Typically it starts with some type of game involving wax busting....like we each get a box of Topps (free), open pack by pack with a stipulation (highest #, or whatever) and whoever wins, gets all of the cards from those packs. At the end, each person can pick 5-10 cards they want to keep and the rest go back to the shop.

The winner of the game (most cards) then gets first choice of which wax box they want. There are 10 wax choices.

Also they typically have manufacturer give-aways also. Three years ago I won a UDA Blackhawks Autographed jersey, raffle prize.

They also do 10% off wax for anything bought that night.

It is usually pretty fun. You can do something like this, maybe more people and more often, with lower $$$ prizes.

skrip

showoff

Aug 8, 2009
Hell Ncaa 2012 came out today. Do a tourny where everyone pays $10 get in and the grand prize is some random wax. You can then get the tourny under way. Have 1 night draw for teams and then they have to play at certain times during the night. That would bring a lot of customers in.

Members online

Latest posts