Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

USA Prospect guys: School me on Elvin Soto!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JTfor3

Mar 5, 2009
So I know he doesn't appear to be that great (it seems like he wasn't drafted...at all), but I wanted to get some thoughts about him from people who actually know the USA prospects.

The reason I ask is because a buddy of mine is in a Sterling Group Break and has the opportunity to pick this:

5ote0v

Is it worth his time? I'd really appreciate responses from some of you with actual knowledge.

JTfor3

Mar 5, 2009
ballerskrip said:
What are the other options? That makes a BIG time difference

skrip

Ok, I was just looking for general observations for Soto as a player/prospect, but since you asked....his choice is between the Soto and a Taillon Stering Gold ref auto (/50, of course). But I'll take any input...

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Elvin Soto

Was one of the top NY state prospects for this draft, with his defense well beyond his hitting. Great arm, pop time, defense, game calling. Hitting is all over the place in terms of production. One minute he's flashing power at showcases, and the next he's completely overmatched. Did not do well with team USA 18U team....again, overmatched.

Committed to Pittsburgh and had too high an asking price for his stock, which pretty much deterred teams from choosing him. For some strange reason, PITT is a very hard school to pry away a committed prospect.

That's a sweet card, but you'll be holding it for 3 years. He's a true crap shoot prospect.

Still though, I would pick it ASAP. It's a 1/1 and people still like them. From that product, it's a good pull.

JTfor3

Mar 5, 2009
NECpilgrims8 said:
Elvin Soto

Was one of the top NY state prospects for this draft, with his defense well beyond his hitting. Great arm, pop time, defense, game calling. Hitting is all over the place in terms of production. One minute he's flashing power at showcases, and the next he's completely overmatched. Did not do well with team USA 18U team....again, overmatched.

Committed to Pittsburgh and had too high an asking price for his stock, which pretty much deterred teams from choosing him. For some strange reason, PITT is a very hard school to pry away a committed prospect.

That's a sweet card, but you'll be holding it for 3 years. He's a true crap shoot prospect.

Still though, I would pick it ASAP. It's a 1/1 and people still like them. From that product, it's a good pull.

Very much appreciate the input. That's what I'm leaning toward (or toward advising), even though the Taillon is a sure thing.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
JTfor3 said:
Anyone else care to weigh in?

I would be willing to buy a gold Taillon off the bay and trade it for the Soto. So either way he should take the Soto.

Members online

Latest posts