Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Strasburg Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
For a couple starts there, he looked like he was living up to the amazing mountain of hype. If he can get back healthy and effective, he could be something special

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Adam G said:
Heard it wasn't actually Strasburg, but a droid prototype a la Albert Pujols.

Yeah, I've heard whisper rumors the Nationals in consultation with Strasburg agreed to splurge and get him a new $1.5 million bionic right arm since the Nats have already blown a huge amount of money on him anyway. With regular oiling, making sure the bolts, nuts and screws are tight and there is no metal fatigue in the joints from hurling 100 MPH heaters, Strasburg should be good to go for a few decades.

dewman32

Aug 7, 2008
Texas
rsmath said:
Adam G said:
Heard it wasn't actually Strasburg, but a droid prototype a la Albert Pujols.

Yeah, I've heard whisper rumors the Nationals in consultation with Strasburg agreed to splurge and get him a new $1.5 million bionic right arm since the Nats have already blown a huge amount of money on him anyway. With regular oiling, making sure the bolts, nuts and screws are tight and there is no metal fatigue in the joints from hurling 100 MPH heaters, Strasburg should be good to go for a few decades.

<insert picture of '91 Fleer ProVision here>

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
dewman32 said:
<insert picture of '91 Fleer ProVision here>

I see what you are getting at - the Bo Jackson card.

I wasn't even thinking of that card because I never heard of ProVision cards until your post - I must have bought the factory set that year.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Update:

Strasburg could return as early as late August
By Steven Miller / MLB.com

WASHINGTON -- Perhaps the biggest acquisition the Nationals will make this year will come after the Sunday Trade Deadline, as Stephen Strasburg continues to progress in rehab from the Tommy John surgery he underwent last September.

Strasburg is facing hitters in simulated games and feeling well, and could be back in Washington by the end of August or early September after a few rehab starts.

"I know it's going to happen, and when it happens, he'll be ready for it," said manager Davey Johnson. "It's not going to be me saying to somebody down there, 'Man, he's throwing good, he's ready' -- that ain't happening. I imagine the latter part of August or early September he'll be ready, maybe when we expand the roster."

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I think he should just wait until Spring of 2012. Nothing good can come from this. If I was the Nationals, I would
not take any chances with him this season at all. Do they honestly think they are making the playoffs and risking
damaging him for ever of it as being the right thing to do right now. ::facepalm::

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Pine Tar said:
I think he should just wait until Spring of 2012. Nothing good can come from this. If I was the Nationals, I would
not take any chances with him this season at all. Do they honestly think they are making the playoffs and risking
damaging him for ever of it as being the right thing to do right now. ::facepalm::

I agree 1000%. What is the rush?

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
Tthough I tend to agree with you because you don't mess with a jewel, I'm sure they do not rush him. If the doctors says he's ready, let him pitch.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Pine Tar said:
EXACTLY. They are not going to make the playoffs and their investment is going to be a flop if he throws and re aggrivates his arm.

jwc9p

Aug 25, 2010
Columbia, sC
PujolsCollector said:
Pine Tar said:
EXACTLY. They are not going to make the playoffs and their investment is going to be a flop if he throws and re aggrivates his arm.
I see your point and understand your argument because I've made the same argument before about him and others but, whats the difference between him throwing in games in Florida (against inferior opponents) and him throwing in DC? I understand he's probably not throwing as many pitches but he's still going to be throwing a good amount down there. If he's going to re-/tear something in his arm its going to happen no matter where he is.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
jwc9p said:
PujolsCollector said:
Pine Tar said:
I see your point and understand your argument because I've made the same argument before about him and others but, whats the difference between him throwing in games in Florida (against inferior opponents) and him throwing in DC? I understand he's probably not throwing as many pitches but he's still going to be throwing a good amount down there. If he's going to re-/tear something in his arm its going to happen no matter where he is.
But there he can get away with throwing at 65-70% of him normal pitching speeds. That lets the muscles and stuff tear and stregthen back to where they was, because thats how muscle and stuff is built right?

Latest posts