Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

kosuke fukudome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

plunk

Dec 19, 2008
im thumbing through my latest price guide and notice kosuke cards are down across the board and i remember it said that there is no market for kosuke now.

what happened?

plunk

Dec 19, 2008
ok cool so there is hope after all. i thought he went back to japan

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
plunk said:
Define "hope".

First thing, he needs to win the starting position he lost last year, then he needs a solid season this year for the Cubs' faithful to be excited about him again.

Anything is possible.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
I don't see that happening

200lbhockeyplayer said:
plunk said:
Define "hope".

First thing, he needs to win the starting position he lost last year, then he needs a solid season this year for the Cubs' faithful to be excited about him again.

Anything is possible.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
Huffamaniac said:

200lbhockeyplayer said:
plunk said:
Define "hope".

Anything is possible.

I don't see it happening, either. I don't see him as much more than a bench player. I remember when Shingo Takatsu came to the White Sox I was impressed with his stuff the first year. I bought a bunch of his cards, but the next year he didn't do so well and eventually went back to Japan. Now all my cards of him aren't worth much.

G

mrwhitesox30 said:
Huffamaniac said:

200lbhockeyplayer said:
plunk said:
Define "hope".

Anything is possible.

I don't see it happening, either. I don't see him as much more than a bench player. I remember when Shingo Takatsu came to the White Sox I was impressed with his stuff the first year. I bought a bunch of his cards, but the next year he didn't do so well and eventually went back to Japan. Now all my cards of him aren't worth much.

Didn't someone sign him tot minor league deal this year I know the Cubs did last season in January but he never made the team. I thought I saw some do the same kind of signing in Dec or early Jan of this year.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
Pine Tar said:
mrwhitesox30 said:
Huffamaniac said:

200lbhockeyplayer said:
plunk said:
Define "hope".

Anything is possible.

Didn't someone sign him tot minor league deal this year I know the Cubs did last season in January but he never made the team. I thought I saw some do the same kind of signing in Dec or early Jan of this year.

I remember when the Mets signed him, but I haven't heard anything lately. If he ever pitches in the majors again I'll be happy so I can unload his cards.

beberly

Aug 7, 2008
Binghamton, NY
And I'll be the one to say that I blame all Cubs fans and the Nation of Japan for voting him as a starter for the All-Star Game. In my opinion, both "groups" should not be allowed to vote for the All-Star Game this year. That was absolutely pathetic.

jrtowles46

Jan 11, 2009
i think shingo signed a minor league deal or was invited to spring training by the rays or marlins. not sure where he is now

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
not a fair statement as kosuke actually had a pretty solid first half when voting took place. not sure why, but he definitely melted during the second half. batting average was .280 during the first have, sub .220 in the second.

beberly said:
And I'll be the one to say that I blame all Cubs fans and the Nation of Japan for voting him as a starter for the All-Star Game. In my opinion, both "groups" should not be allowed to vote for the All-Star Game this year. That was absolutely pathetic.

Members online

Latest posts