Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Phillies unsuccessful play for Hunter Pence

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
Jon Heyman is reporting that the Phil's offered Jonathan Singleton, Jared Cosart, and one other prospect and the Astros declined the deal. Looks like he may be staying put in Houston.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Yankees1218 said:
Phillies open to trading Brown now. Still possible.

As much as I love Brown and wouldn't put him in a deal for Beltran, I would add him to a package for Pence. And I love Cosart too, but I'd do it for Pence.

I wouldn't count out Amaro making this deal happen. He may over-pay, but personally I'm OK with that...

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
stevezimmer22 said:
Jon Heyman is reporting that the Phil's offered Jonathan Singleton, Jared Cosart, and one other prospect and the Astros declined the deal. Looks like he may be staying put in Houston.

So, this is why the Astros suck-and have an average farm system, at best.

What do they realistically expect to get?

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Ed Wade? An idiot? Naaaaaaaaah...

:)

Patience, people. Remember last December when the Yankees had Cliff Lee all locked up?

Yeah, how'd that work out? In Ruben We Trust.

poppudaimadochi

Jul 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
Jeff N. said:
Remember last December when the Yankees had Cliff Lee all locked up?

Yeah, how'd that work out?

They got Freddy Garcia instead for roughly the same stats, and a fraction of the price. But I digress.

Regarding the OP, It's going to take more than this for Houston to trade one of their only 3 valuable pieces.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
poppudaimadochi said:
Jeff N. said:
Remember last December when the Yankees had Cliff Lee all locked up?

Yeah, how'd that work out?

They got Freddy Garcia instead for roughly the same stats, and a fraction of the price. But I digress.

Regarding the OP, It's going to take more than this for Houston to trade one of their only 3 valuable pieces.

Freddy Garcia AND Bartolo Colon for 1/4 the price and twice the stats. Not to mention the Yankees still have Montero and company.

Anyway, I am surprised that the Astros didnt take the deal.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Pence is the only player that the local fans care for in Houston, and he's still reasonably young. I wouldn't trade him if I were Wade either.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
James52411 said:
Pence is the only player that the local fans care for in Houston, and he's still reasonably young. I wouldn't trade him if I were Wade either.
Agreed. His jerseys sell, he promotes the team, and is very involved. He is the Astros' franchise player despite not being "great." I think he's probably more valuable to the Astros than anyone else.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts