Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Orlando Cabrera to the Giants

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OhioBobcat3

Aug 7, 2008
Ohio
Good news. O-Cab's offense has been in a freefall for months. His defense will be missed, but his departure means that Kipnis should see regular PT and ABs from here on out. :)

Like the addition of Neal. The Indians have a serious shortage of worthwhile corner outfielders within their system. He's had a power outage this year, but Neal is a big upgrade down on the farm.

fengzhang

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
Glad to see the Giants add someone with playoff experience and plays decent D. For whatever reason, if you look at guys like Beltran, Rowand, Tejada, F. Sanchez, Ryan Garko, Kippenger, Mike Fontenot, no one's hitting quite as good with the Giants as they were previously. Bonds made it look so easy for a number of years but maybe it's more difficult hitting at At&t and in an anemic lineup than we thought. If the offense is going to be a problem all season, the Giants really need to shore up the other aspects of their team.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I'm looking forward to my mid-30s for one reason: It's my one shot at Brian Sabean trading for me.

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008
The Giants really missed Juan Uribe..They missed out big time..I know he's not well offensively..but he can really field..!

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
I have always been an Orlanda Cabrera fan. He may not be as good in his prime but very solid and I think will help be a great experienced leader and veteran prescence. Having said that, I am sad we no longer have Thomas Neal in our farm system :(

Thank god we have drafted very well and still have prospects like Belt, Brown, Surkamp etc. and young talent in Lincecum, Cain, Pablo and posey.

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008
darocker80 said:
I have always been an Orlanda Cabrera fan. He may not be as good in his prime but very solid and I think will help be a great experienced leader and veteran prescence. Having said that, I am sad we no longer have Thomas Neal in our farm system :(

Thank god we have drafted very well and still have prospects like Belt, Brown, Surkamp etc. and young talent in Lincecum, Cain, Pablo and posey.

hows the Lincy AUTO Darocker??lol It's been a while

fonda1119

Apr 5, 2010
matchpenalty said:
O Cab has no range. Surprised SF would want a statue at short.

My favorite quote regarding this trade so far is by Keith Law via his Twitter:

The Giants, tired of playing a statue (Tejada) or an automatic out (Crawford) at short, acquire Orlando Cabrera, who is both

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
jlvjr16 said:
The Giants really missed Juan Uribe..They missed out big time..I know he's not well offensively..but he can really field..!
He cant even stay on the field in 2011. He went on the DL again today.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Not sure what to think about this trade, sounds like Tejada or Renteria all over again. Sad to say it actually upgrades the offense at SS. ::facepalm:: I wish the Giants would make a move to add a leadoff hitter to replace the slumping Torres. It's amazing that the Giants are still in 1st with the loss of Sanchez and Posey for the season, a slew of other injuries and career worst years from Ross, Huff and Torres.

Jan 15, 2009
ronfromfresno said:
Not sure what to think about this trade, sounds like Tejada or Renteria all over again. Sad to say it actually upgrades the offense at SS. ::facepalm:: I wish the Giants would make a move to add a leadoff hitter to replace the slumping Torres. It's amazing that the Giants are still in 1st with the loss of Sanchez and Posey for the season, a slew of other injuries and career worst years from Ross, Huff and Torres.
Would have traded TDaddy for Bourn, not O-Cab!

Latest posts