Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OT: Anyone remember that Beckett mod -Z- ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
Random thought but I was just thinking back to the beckett days and recalled the taskmaster -Z- . Did he ever make it over here?

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
sethyarkony said:
ya... i hope he isnt looking... i couldn't stand him.

Me neither :twisted:

He was the ultimate in holier-than-though message board moderation... I just remember his sig drove me crazy, saying something to the effect of "my trading policy - I no longer trade unless it's well in my favor."

I also hated how everyone kissed his arse all the time, you could tell he ate it up. That's what I love about the good ol' FCB - the mods don't have sticks up their butts (at least not most of the time :lol: )

studioclint

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago
cgilmo said:
I thought and still think very highly of -Z-

especially now that I have been in his shoes.

Chris I have never had a problem with you or Z. However I do see that you are civil with everyone. I could not say the same about him.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
bc81758 said:
Adamsince1981 said:
bc81758 said:
Adamsince1981 said:
cgilmo said:
I thought and still think very highly of -Z-

especially now that I have been in his shoes.

Please don't start moderating like him...

He might if there are 1,000,000 anti-razor threads

Soooo, it will never happen?

you never know. push a mod's buttons and you may see the consequences.

This isn't likely to happen. We will not ban someone every 10 days for ever but after a short while will perma ban to keep civility on the board.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Jeff had a tough job to do over on Beckett. He had many many people that were trolls and these guys reared their ugly heads on a regular basis. Now, with that said, he did have a very prickly side to him as well. It didn't take much for him to "Z"ap you. I had some issues with him but I have a mutual respect for him as well.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
1 of the big problems with beckett was cumulitave suspensions.

We realize that good people sometimes go a bit nutty, and do not think its right to suspend for 30 days for a minor infraction, even with priors.

also, I don't do much moderation these days.

Blan, BCA, philly fan, and that whole crew do all that stuff.

We are planning on appointing another mod in a day or so :)

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
cgilmo said:
1 of the big problems with beckett was cumulitave suspensions.

We realize that good people sometimes go a bit nutty, and do not think its right to suspend for 30 days for a minor infraction, even with priors.

also, I don't do much moderation these days.

Blan, BCA, philly fan, and that whole crew do all that stuff.

We are planning on appointing another mod in a day or so :)

Regardless of who is doing most of the moding, this place as a whole is and has been a better place overall IMO.

I think you all do a great job, and like your take on weighing out suspensions. I myself have gone nutty a couple of times, but generally its when I'm having a bad day and take it out on anyone who disagrees with me. Most of the time I come to my senses and edit out the posts though. I think thats how I got a warning level of 1.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
My gut tell me that Z and Sean both don't want to post here as they feel it would be a conflict of interest. I don't see how or why, but to each their own.

I had no problems with either of them.

Members online

Latest posts