Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Milb Performances - 8/10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
No California League games today.

Today's notables include:

Mike Montgomery
Trevor May
Noel Arguelles
Lisalberto Bonilla
Eric Surkamp
Tyrell Jenkins
Daniel Corcino
Matt Harvey
Taijuan Walker
Jeremy Jeffress vs. Robbie Ross
Martin Perez
Shelby Miller
Pat Corbin
Asher Wojciechowski
Tim Melville
Rudy Owens
Enny Romero

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
If Tim can stop hoarding Trevor May, maybe Anthony can get some. But that's a big IF.

Really excited to see the pitching lines for Trevor, Taijuan, and Tyrell, as I'm invested in all three.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
I hope they take things slowly with Gose. He has made some big strides this year given his age and league. I'd like to see him spend most, if not all, of next year back in AA. Ideally, he'd make his debut sometime around June 2013. The pitch selection is obviously his only (but big) weakness right now but he has become a really, really valuable prospect.

The best news of the day was Dustin McGowan's first AA start. 4 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 4 K and sitting 94-95.
Over 3 calendar years since he has thrown in the bigs now (two shoulder surgeries, and a knee surgery) and he looks fantastic. Obviously anything out of him at this point is a borderline miracle but just the fact he's still kicking shows he deserves a shot in the bigs. A shame as he was rounding into one of the top young starters. Keith Law recalls a start in Boston where he said McGowan had perhaps the best stuff he'd ever seen. Only wish the Jays could've had a couple of years of Halladay & McGowan 1-2.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Nestor Molina has been promoted to New Hampshire (AA). Presumably to take Alvarez's spot.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Henry Sosa got the call to the Astros to face the D'Backs tonight.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
phillyfan0417 said:
aminors said:
If Tim can stop hoarding Trevor May, maybe Anthony can get some. But that's a big IF.

Really excited to see the pitching lines for Trevor, Taijuan, and Tyrell, as I'm invested in all three.

It is a big if!

12 weeks suspension for questioning my hoarding practices!!

At this rate, I'll never be allowed back once you actually enact these suspensions you keep handing me. You're just racist against tall people.

And about Henry Sosa, I haven't heard of him since like 2008. lol

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
aminors said:
phillyfan0417 said:
aminors said:

It is a big if!

At this rate, I'll never be allowed back once you actually enact these suspensions you keep handing me. You're just racist against tall people.

Well, I just added them up and you'll be welcome back in 2036 right around thansgiving....

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
phillyfan0417 said:
aminors said:
phillyfan0417 said:
aminors said:

It is a big if!

Well, I just added them up and you'll be welcome back in 2036 right around thansgiving....

[youtube:34b3bmfu]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uxn3RoqTOQ[/youtube:34b3bmfu]

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
phillyfan0417 said:
Jaypers said:
Anthony Gose HR (12)

If he can learn pitch selection, this guy will be a monster lead off hitter...

Its the biggest of IF'S

Might move Rasmus to left field, Gose is a gold glover waiting to happen. Jays outfield in 3 years will be Rasmus-Gose-Marisnick.

des1984

Aug 6, 2009
Grant Green HR (7)
Mason Williams 2-2, 2rbis, run, SB (19) leading the league in hitting .364

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Kyle Russell HR (19)

Kevin Kiermaier HR (3)

Jeff Malm HR (12)

Members online

Latest posts