Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A new cornerstone for the collection (PSA scans!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
I haven't seen many signed 1992 Bowman cards, and I've been searching for Rivera daily since 2003. This features a mid '90s signature of Rivera, it is signed the same way he signed all his 1996 Leaf Signature cards. I probably overpaid, but I had to have it as soon as I saw it posted. Can't go wrong with a future HOF signed rookie. Will look stunning with a Blue PSA/DNA label slab.

th_mo.jpg

Update (9/22/11): Finally in hand, here are the results! :D

psa_a.jpg
psa_b.jpg

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Re: A new cornerstone for the collection

WOW!!!

congratulations Ravi. it will definitely look gorgeous with a Blue PSA/DNA label.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008

Thats sick, for whatever reason ttm and ip its hard to get mo to sign those. I suspect its his shirt :lol: Great job!

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York

Thanks guys, after seeing the amazing pickups posted lately, I felt kinda down for not being able to attend the NSCC, but this card definitely makes up for it. I've seen only 3 or 4 signed examples of this card over the years. I've been surprised more copies aren't around since Rivera is seems to be a generous signer, but after what nyc3 mentioned, I'm glad I paid what I did for this.

[ebay:arlh4hfw]300585837013[/ebay:arlh4hfw] :mrgreen:

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008

IMO you got a great deal. At one point I was offered nearly 3x's that for my copy. I still have mine :D

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York

nyc3 said:
IMO you got a great deal. At one point I was offered nearly 3x's that for my copy. I still have mine :D

Good to know! How did you get your copy, and what kind of signature does it have?

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008

nevermore said:
nyc3 said:

Good to know! How did you get your copy, and what kind of signature does it have?

I been looking for a scan since I seen your copy, the card itself is buried in my PC somewhere :lol: . Mine is more of a recent autograph obtained 2 years ago at a relatives restaurant that some of the team frequents in Florida by the camp.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010

Very nice. He is one of my favorite human beings.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York

Submitted this card for PSA/DNA at the last show (Aug 18th) for the 20 day grading service. Well today I finally get the email that the card was graded and shipped. I can't believe it took so long, but I'm happy/relieved it passed. I was a tiny bit worried after seeing a lot of IP autos being rejected.

A stupid question, but what does the "MINT 9" grade apply to? The autograph or the card?

MINT 9 1992 BOWMAN 302 MARIANO RIVERA PSA/DNA CERTIFIED :D

Will add scans once it arrives. Didn't want to create a new thread for a such a minor question, and didn't know where else to post it.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota

nevermore said:
Submitted this card for PSA/DNA at the last show (Aug 18th) for the 20 day grading service. Well today I finally get the email that the card was graded and shipped. I can't believe it took so long, but I'm happy/relieved it passed. I was a tiny bit worried after seeing a lot of IP autos being rejected.

A stupid question, but what does the "MINT 9" grade apply to? The autograph or the card?

MINT 9 1992 BOWMAN 302 MARIANO RIVERA PSA/DNA CERTIFIED :D

Will add scans once it arrives. Didn't want to create a new thread for a such a minor question, and didn't know where else to post it.

It has to be the card. That is a great autograph and shouldn't get anything less than a 10.

I could be wrong though.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York

Initially I was thinking it would be the card also, but wouldn't having any sort of writing on the card, even an autograph, lower the grade? I tried looking this up on PSA's site but became even more confused by their wording.

Unless I am mistaken, the 92 Bowman Rivera is now the single most valuable Bowman/Bowman Chrome (non-parallel) rookie card from the '90s in terms of HBV.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota

nevermore said:
Initially I was thinking it would be the card also, but wouldn't having any sort of writing on the card, even an autograph, lower the grade? I tried looking this up on PSA's site but became even more confused by their wording.

Unless I am mistaken, the 92 Bowman Rivera single most valuable Bowman/Bowman Chrome (non-parallel) rookie card from the '90s in terms of HBV.

It might, I have never seen it before.

I think on the slip it will say "AUTO GRADE ONLY" or something.

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008
Re: A new cornerstone for the collection (PSA grading question)

Since you are a non psa member its is the autograph grade. The red flip is the slab they use for psa/dna cards where the autograph and card are reviewed. The blue flip they only review the autograph.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Re: A new cornerstone for the collection (PSA grading question)

birdsfan85 said:
Since you are a non psa member its is the autograph grade. The red flip is the slab they use for psa/dna cards where the autograph and card are reviewed. The blue flip they only review the autograph.
Thanks for the clarification! Initially I wanted a Blue slab, but I saw most HOF autographed RCs had red slabs so that's what I went with. Plus it ended up being $20 cheaper for the Red.

Had I known, I wish I would have held off for your group sub. Would have cost me a fraction of what I paid to submit it in person.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts