Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Has any seller experienced this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
Has any seller ever sent a $250+ card to someone, used SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION (or INSURANCE), and had the buyer complain when they USPS leaves a Pink Slip in their box, forcing the buyer to go to the PO and deal with the USPS and present ID?

It has never happened to me, but it's going to happen to someone. Just wondering if it ever happened to anyone here. What would ebay do with such a complaint if they left negative feedback?

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
leatherman said:
Has any seller ever sent a $250+ card to someone, used SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION (or INSURANCE), and had the buyer complain when they USPS leaves a Pink Slip in their box, forcing the buyer to go to the PO and deal with the USPS and present ID?

It has never happened to me, but it's going to happen to someone. Just wondering if it ever happened to anyone here. What would ebay do with such a complaint if they left negative feedback?

Funny..I just had to go to the PO. I was worried because a slip was left on August 6. I signed it and left on my door, saying they could leave it. Four days passed without the card showing up. I was worried, but went to the PO today and they had it. I had no problem going. It was actually nice of the seller to cover insurance + sig conf. costs.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
not yet, but have had a package sit at the PO because a buyer said they never got the pink slip.

Had to do some of my own research and call the branch and ask if the package was there.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
I had a buyer send me a message complaining slightly. He was upset that he didnt get card that day, and he had to go to the PO on his lunch the next day, and blah blah blah.

Thankfully it wasnt Ebay because he probably would have left neg feedback for nothing. He didnt like that mailed the safest way possible for a 1957 Topps Mantle. Sorry that I take care with expensive items. What a **** cutter!

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
There is no fault, but then again sellers dont have to be honest in the feedback they leave. Its just as easy to say something like slow shipping, not as described, or any other off the list of crap reasons buyers leave negative feedback. Some people are a**holes, simple as that.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I hate getting the pink slips. One of my holy grail cards is sitting in the PO right now but I can't get it till Saturday. They need to stay open late just for me.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
The worst is when their idiot postman only has them sign for the insurance and not the signature confirmation because he assumes one signature is good enough.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
Never had anyone complain, and it never bothered me when I had to go to the PO. I mean, its sort of a pain but Id rather know that its being tracked and accounted for.

On my end as a seller, I don't really care that someone would complain. Ill take a neg on my dsr long before I would want to refund someone $250 plus and be out an expensive card.

Of course telling the person ahead of time helps too.

Members online

Latest posts