Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Steiner's great sales

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Occasionally, Steiner does have great sales. I'm looking at the David Ortiz imperfect baseball for $20 (great buy, especially considering mine came with very minor smudges), Hank Aaron imperfect baseballs for $40, and a few other deals.

However, many of their "sales" nab unsuspecting customers. Today they have 2 for $199 baseballs, with a few good options (Schmidt, Lee, Sabathia, Gibson, etc). However, look down the list and you see Cecil Fielder and Darryl Strawberry.

Just last week, Fielder and Strawberry were part of their 3 for $99 special! Can't sell them for $33, so we'll try to catch an autograph newbie at $100 a piece.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
ffgameman said:
Occasionally, Steiner does have great sales. I'm looking at the David Ortiz imperfect baseball for $20 (great buy, especially considering mine came with very minor smudges), Hank Aaron imperfect baseballs for $40, and a few other deals.

However, many of their "sales" nab unsuspecting customers. Today they have 2 for $199 baseballs, with a few good options (Schmidt, Lee, Sabathia, Gibson, etc). However, look down the list and you see Cecil Fielder and Darryl Strawberry.

Just last week, Fielder and Strawberry were part of their 3 for $99 special! Can't sell them for $33, so we'll try to catch an autograph newbie at $100 a piece.

We see this on ebay all the time LOL. Seller pulls an auction because of lack of interest and pops it up in his store with an astronomical price. Its all the rage right now apparently.

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
There are some very good deals that come up once in a while. A year or so ago, they gave a free Tony LaRussa autographed baseball with any purchase. I bought a blank Official Major League Baseball and got the free Tony for about $23 dlvd.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
As much as people like to think they "know" what a price should be, there is a whole area of psychology that revolves around pricing (William Poundstone has a great book that presents the topic in very non-technical terms) and the price itself plays a huge role in people's perceptions. It could be that they find that some sell at this price, or very possibly they are setting up the next sale where people who looked may recall that it was a $99 one week, and then a few weeks later is on sale for half that (or less.)

Of course it could just be the company not paying all that much attention or not caring.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Topnotchsy said:
As much as people like to think they "know" what a price should be, there is a whole area of psychology that revolves around pricing (William Poundstone has a great book that presents the topic in very non-technical terms) and the price itself plays a huge role in people's perceptions. It could be that they find that some sell at this price, or very possibly they are setting up the next sale where people who looked may recall that it was a $99 one week, and then a few weeks later is on sale for half that (or less.)

Of course it could just be the company not paying all that much attention or not caring.

I think it's not caring in this case, simply based on the situation.

It's not like they decided to try $99 first then $33 if few sales were made; instead, they went $33 and are trying to sell leftovers at $99.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
ffgameman said:

So last week they were discounted more, and this week they are discounted less. Sounds like pretty much any other store that has a big sale end.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Ryan The Orange said:
There are some very good deals that come up once in a while. A year or so ago, they gave a free Tony LaRussa autographed baseball with any purchase. I bought a blank Official Major League Baseball and got the free Tony for about $23 dlvd.

You got ripped off.

;)

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010
They once had a sale $50 off anything, so i just made orderz of 3 romlbs for 45 and only paid $10 shipping.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Steiner is so overpriced it isn't even funny..once in awhile you can catch a decent deal but they rarely have rare items at the store I go to at the mall near my house and the common autos are hundreds of dollars, and about 300% the eBay prices :lol:

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
RL24 said:
Ryan The Orange said:

You got ripped off.

;)

Lol tell me about it, I tried to negotiate for a better price, but they wouldn't pay me to take it off their hands.

Members online

Latest posts