Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Starlin Castro Showing off his Thunderstick.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I think he must have been reading FCB lately and getting sick of the members here saying he has no power and won't gain more.

Just hit his 7th Homerun.

Trending****** 4 Homeruns in the last 10 games.

Booya

skrip

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
You should start a Running Starlin Castro Ass Kiss thread so you don't have to keep creating new ones every 2 days

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
JoshHamilton said:
You should start a Running Starlin Castro Ass Kiss thread so you don't have to keep creating new ones every 2 days

And you should create a thread each day proving to be a d-bag. Oh wait, you do that 10-15 times daily as it is.

Not sure how I am kissing ass. He is the best player on my favorite team who I have also invested in. The perfect storm for me.

If you don't like it, don't read it.

And Gilmore, how many of the homeruns hit each year are in situations where the game has been decided? 30%? 40%?

I don't think showing power has anything to do what inning the home run was hit in.

skrip

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
ballerskrip said:
JoshHamilton said:

And you should create a thread each day proving to be a d-bag. Oh wait, you do that 10-15 times daily as it is.

Not sure how I am kissing ass. He is the best player on my favorite team who I have also invested in. The perfect storm for me.

And Gilmore, how many of the homeruns hit each year are in situations where the game has been decided? 30%? 40%?

I don't think showing power has anything to do what inning the home run was hit in.

skrip

All very true, but why hype up one of these ordinary home runs?

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
ballerskrip said:
JoshHamilton said:

skrip

All very true, but why hype up one of these ordinary home runs?

You both have points. I'm not going to start a thread that Braun and Fielder just went back-to-back in the 8th off of whoever that was, but they both do get to add to their HR total.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
JoshHamilton said:

Agreed.

You're kinda like how Hofautos used to be, but with a player. If I posted about some random Cardinal player after he had a good game, I'd be called a homer. Oh well.

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
Guys all he's saying is it's nice to see Castro pick it up lately and hit for a little power. He's not talking exclusively about the HR he hit tonight. He's on a hot streak and as great a year as he's had, the one thing it's been missing is a little power.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
THe funny thing is that I am not trying to hype him. I am NOT looking to sell my cards. I am just excited to see him displaying some power that I felt and feel will continue to come, despite all of the naysayers. That is all.

skrip

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
ballerskrip said:
THe funny thing is that I am not trying to hype him. I am NOT looking to sell my cards. I am just excited to see him displaying some power that I felt and feel will continue to come, despite all of the naysayers. That is all.

skrip

Think about how easily it is for us to assume you're hyping him though. We know you're invested, we know you love him.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
MacK said:
ballerskrip said:

skrip

Think about how easily it is for us to assume you're hyping him though. We know you're invested, we know you love him.

I get it, I do. No sweat off my back. I don't often get excited about any Cubs players, the last being the Prior / Wood Era. I am just trying to enjoy it and view Starlin as the shining star we have desperately craved. As much as I love cards, prospecting, the whole bit, I am Cubs fan 1st, baseball fan 2nd, and baseball card fan 3rd.

Well, that's it....

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
ballerskrip said:
who I have also invested in

Well that explains it. So you're either

1. Constantly talking about him so you can create hype and subsequently turn a profit on your investment

2. You predicted he'd be good when he was in the minors, and now that he IS good in the majors, you need to remind people every day that HEY, I WAS TOTALLY RIGHT ON A BOLD PREDICTION I MADE IN THE INTERNETZ!!!1!

It's one of the two. You know it and so do I. 

People get pissed when a million Bryce Harper threads touting completely inconsequential **** get started. So yeah, I'm gonna get pissed when I see a new Starlin Castro thread every other day. 

Do you know how many threads I've created touting my favorite player (Hamilton)? Zero. Then again, I don't need an Internet support group to reassure me my favorite player is good

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
JH, judge me how you will. I could really care less.

But as I have stated in this thread twice now, neither of your two assumptions are correct.

skrip

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
ballerskrip said:

But as I have stated in this thread twice now, neither of your two assumptions are correct.

skrip

Look. I understand you're a huge Castro fan. I'm glad for you that he's doing well. I'm sure it's exciting. I actually like him (the 3-4 times I've watched him)

But you create a TON of threads about him.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
JoshHamilton said:
ballerskrip said:

skrip

Look. I understand you're a huge Castro fan. I'm glad for you that he's doing well. I'm sure it's exciting. I actually like him (the 3-4 times I've watched him)

But you create a TON of threads about him.

Shoot bro, I need SOMETHING to get excited about it Chicago! And I get tired of talking about prospects......

Members online

Latest posts