Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Could anyone see Arodys Vizcaino having a KRod affect?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
In 2002 Francisco Rodriguez came up at the very end of the season and in only 5 innings of regular season work, made the post season roster to a bullpen that was already very efficient at the back-end with Brendan Donelly, Scot Shields, Ben Webber, Troy Percival etc. The rest his history, Rodriguez threw up huge strike out numbers in every role for the Angels and got some big time hitters out in the playoffs and world series. This year the Braves moved Vizcaino from the rotation to the pen to get contributions out of him this season, he joins a bullpen that is already one of the best young bullpens in the league, with lock down guys in the eight and ninth (Venters and Kimbrel.) Now I am not coming the Angels bullpen of 2002 to the Braves of this year, but both teams will probaly make it in as a wild card and I am curious to see if anything thinks Vizcaino can gain some big time reliver hype ALA KRod (also Chapman and Feliz played big roles in postseasons lately) If Vizcaino can command his stuff on the big stage, does anyone else think his prices will soar?

Phishmon23

Aug 7, 2008
Boston, MA
I agree w/ J.P.

His stuff will certainly help the Braves bullpen this season/post-season, but his long term value is a solid MLB starter.

That said, I do think his prices will increase if the Braves make the post season and he is a valuable contributor.

-J

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
I was just really speaking about the end of this year and the playoffs. I think its nearly impossible to predict these starter to reliever and vice versa transformation. Feliz, Hughes, Chamberlain, Price, there have been several examples that show every pitcher needs to be judged on a case by case basis. Obviously the back-end of the Braves rotation looks sured up for years to come with Venters and Kimbrel, but so does the front end of their rotation with Hanson and Jurjjens and Teheran and Minor. The Braves really have a wealth of pitching. But I was just referring to the immediate impact Vizcaino can have this year and if he could see a big time boost in card value.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
If he shines on a big enough stage in any role this year, his prices will go up. For example, if he gets the save in game four of a sweep in the world series (or even the NLCS assuming they make it to either of those places), he's going to see a spike.

This is just my personal speculation that generally holds true to any prospect/rookie. If he does well enough on a big enough stage, prices will rise.

Members online

Latest posts