Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Interesting theory regarding the LoMo demotion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
The Chicago papers are speculating that the Marlins may be opening the door to trade him to the White Sox for the rights to hire Ozzie Guillen. It would be crazy for the fish to do that, but if Morrison is a MiLBer then it is easier to sell to the fans.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
James52411 said:
The Chicago papers are speculating that the Marlins may be opening the door to trade him to the White Sox for the rights to hire Ozzie Guillen. It would be crazy for the fish to do that, but if Morrison is a MiLBer then it is easier to sell to the fans.

I had heard this before and it still makes zero sense to me to trade a young and very promising player for a manager.

tropicaltwinsfan

Aug 11, 2010
Minnesota
While the Chicago speculation is interesting, I don't think they sent him down to make it easier for the fans to accept a trade. They don't care what the fans think about anything, why start now?

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
tropicaltwinsfan said:
While the Chicago speculation is interesting, I don't think they sent him down to make it easier for the fans to accept a trade. They don't care what the fans think about anything, why start now?

They are moving to a new stadium next year and they think Ozzie can build some hype and help the attendance figures next year by being a drawing card for the Hispanic community in Miami.

tropicaltwinsfan

Aug 11, 2010
Minnesota
I think most fans would like to see Ozzie, too. But the theory that they sent him down to make it easier on the fans when they trade him for Ozzie is just dumb. They don't care about what current fans think about anything.

Logan Morrison was hitting great before he had the foot injury.
He also is currently playing with 5 Stiches in his knee.

For a team with No veteran leadership the young kid gives his all on the field.
He also is the ownly Marlin to call out Hanley for not hustling.
I know he is batting low but he has a better average then Mark Texiera and Evan Longoria.

If he was batting .330 he would not have been sent down.

His low batting average was the justifiable excuse to send him down.
Ownership wanted to show him a lesson and punished him for being so vocal

17 HR's and 65 RBI ain't too bad for 23 year old kid.

If he was batting .320 the marlins would have had a closed door meeting instead of making an example out of him.

Members online

Latest posts