Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The two best NL MVP candidates showing off tonight

Pujols or Berkman for MVP

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
Pujols: 3 run dinger to tie the game.
Berkman: 3-4 with 3 runs and 4 RBIs
I sincerely think it's neck and neck between these two guys.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
as much as i would like delgado to get some mvp love, i think pujols would be at the top right now. however, the way delgado is playing (back to back 2 hr's!) and he's locked in right now, finishes the season with 40+ hr's and 120+ rbi's and lead the mets to the playoffs, he could be at the top as well

dave

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Here's the numbers since June, not counting tonight.

Lance Berkman

Ryan Bruan

Albert Pujols

Carlos Delgado

I think Sabathia is the MVP of the Brewers, so I'd put Braun 3rd among this group probably. I have to put Pujols at #1, because the Cardinals wouldn't be contending if he wasn't in the lineup, he gets pitched around all the time, yet he is still leading the league in AVG/OBP/SLG, he almost never K's, and plays arguably the best defense at 1B. Delgado might be able to steal it if he keeps getting the opportunity to come up in big situations, and keeps coming through.

Fernando Martinez

Aug 7, 2008
Lol at Carlos Delgado not being in this poll. Since mid-June, he leads the league in HR and is 2nd in RBI's. This guy is absolutely ridiculous.

I wrote him off a long time ago, but unless Pujols pushes the Cards into the playoffs with an amazing month, CD has to win it.

Thumpersports

Aug 9, 2008
Calgary
Based on how close the races are in the NL and with Delgado, Pujols and Berkman all still being involved, Id say its too early to call. One of these players will win it though.

S

stanthemanmusial

NOT EVEN CLOSE!! Pujols is the most deserving for NL MVP!!

S

stanthemanmusial

Brett Keith said:

Lance Berkman

Ryan Bruan

Albert Pujols

Carlos Delgado

I think Sabathia is the MVP of the Brewers, so I'd put Braun 3rd among this group probably. I have to put Pujols at #1, because the Cardinals wouldn't be contending if he wasn't in the lineup, he gets pitched around all the time, yet he is still leading the league in AVG/OBP/SLG, he almost never K's, and plays arguably the best defense at 1B. Delgado might be able to steal it if he keeps getting the opportunity to come up in big situations, and keeps coming through.

Bret,

You are right on Pujols, but he's not only just leading the NL, he is leading all of MLB in batting average, slugging %, and on base %. Just amazing!

Just think if he had not missed just shy of a month due to the leg injury?

After tonight, he is hitting .361, 33 homeruns, 98 rbi, and slugging .640+.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
stanthemanmusial said:
Brett Keith said:

Lance Berkman

Ryan Bruan

Albert Pujols

Carlos Delgado

Bret,

You are right on Pujols, but he's not only just leading the NL, he is leading all of MLB in batting average, slugging %, and on base %. Just amazing!

Just think if he had not missed just shy of a month due to the leg injury?

After tonight, he is hitting .361, 33 homeruns, 98 rbi, and slugging .640+.

Pujols is easily the best player in baseball. He and Griffey are the two best all-around players I've ever seen. All this, and I still think he's one of, if not the most underrated player in baseball. Every year he seems to be overshadowed by somebody, but he is near the top every year. Plus people still want to argue that A-Rod is better...no.

S

stanthemanmusial

darocker80 said:
I have to say Braun. What a beast

Braun does not play the gold glove defense Pujols does. Plus, Braun's on base % is about 120 point less than Pujols. Braun's slug % is about 70 points less, and his batting average is about 60 points less. Also, 119 strikeouts and only 35 walks coming into tonight. Pujols has only 48 strikeouts, and 93 walks. Many of those were intentional walks.

Brett,

You are right. Pujols is one of the best hitters we will ever see, and one of the best in the history of MLB. People can try to compare A-Rod this and that, it's not even close, especially when it counts. Pujols is the man!

Members online

Latest posts