Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Am I missing something with Zack Cox?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

des1984

Aug 6, 2009
Before you ask, yes I do have a stash.....but I just don't get it. He hit .335 in the FSL league and now has raised his avg to .305 in the Texas league after a horrible start. To me, it means he can make adjustments. He has 8 HR's for the year, not a huge total, but enough I think considering his first year with wood bats. He plays for the Cardinals and this is how I see it. David Freese is injury prone so he could certainly have a chance playing at that position but even if his bat doesn't play there, wouldn't he be a perfect fit at 2nd? The Cardinals don't have any permanent solutions at that position so it opens a spot for him as well. SO WHY ARE HIS AUTOS FALLING IN PRICE?????

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Pretty easy to answer, I think. He came into pros with questions about his power, and the answer he's given so far hasn't been a good one. As the guy many people saw as the top college bat, it's been a boring, fairly unimpressive season. As for his position, 3rd may be his only option for now, as the Cards just drafted another advanced college player who plays 2B and is playing pretty damn well so far. Right now Cox doesn't look like he'll have the bat to stand out at 3rd, and he doesn't seem to bring great defense either.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
bballcardkid said:
A question where the answer defies logic. He's been fantastic in the last 2 months.

Look one post down for your 'answer'. But hey, your guy Montero is tearing it up right....oh wait he's actually produced less in the same league this season than he did last. How's that stash that was going to make you rich going for you? Bet you thought you be rid of it by now, he was your AL ROY pick if I remember correctly.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Joshua.Roundtree said:
bballcardkid said:
A question where the answer defies logic. He's been fantastic in the last 2 months.

Look one post down for your 'answer'. But hey, your guy Montero is tearing it up right....oh wait he's actually produced less in the same league this season than he did last. How's that stash that was going to make you rich going for you? Bet you thought you be rid of it by now, he was your AL ROY pick if I remember correctly.

You have been such a pleasure around here lately. Are you ok?

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
nyc3 said:
Joshua.Roundtree said:
bballcardkid said:

Actually, I've been a bit under the weather lately, but felt a lot better today, so maybe I'm over it

.....he knows why I made this post, we got into a little verbal sparring session about Spring Training-time this year when he was convinced Jesus Montero was the savior of NY Yankees baseball and let just about everyone on this site know about it. He hasn't posted much lately and I felt like reminding him of some of the 'hype' he tried to create to sell his Montero stash. Every Montero Spring Training AB brought about a new thread, inwhich he would jump in and 'showoff' his stash. I'm sure we could use the Search button and bring a few back, but I'm pretty sure Gilmo just outlawed the bumping of old threads.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Joshua.Roundtree said:
nyc3 said:
[quote="Joshua.Roundtree":13otyagn]
bballcardkid said:

Actually, I've been a bit under the weather lately, but felt a lot better today, so maybe I'm over it

.....he knows why I made this post, we got into a little verbal sparring session about Spring Training-time this year when he was convinced Jesus Montero was the savior of NY Yankees baseball and let just about everyone on this site know about it. He hasn't posted much lately and I felt like reminding him of some of the 'hype' he tried to create to sell his Montero stash. Every Montero Spring Training AB brought about a new thread, inwhich he would jump in and 'showoff' his stash. I'm sure we could use the Search button and bring a few back, but I'm pretty sure Gilmo just outlawed the bumping of old threads.[/quote:13otyagn]

Yes, it's outlawed if your intent is only to mock someone.

Theres enough trolling going on out here without that form.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Joshua.Roundtree said:
bballcardkid said:

a.jpg

a1.jpg

saferseas

Mar 9, 2010
Portland, OR
wow...... :benson:

AAAnyway, to get back to the original topic, his auto's were probably too high to begin with. The market is probably adjusting to his current expectations.

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
saferseas said:
wow...... :benson:

AAAnyway, to get back to the original topic, his auto's were probably too high to begin with. The market is probably adjusting to his current expectations.

Agreed. The hype was much higher around release.

des1984

Aug 6, 2009
I didn't think it took that long to adjust. Most, if overhyped, usually take around a month or 2 to adjust.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Have you ever seen him play in person? I don't think anyone who has can reasonably say he could be a Major League Second Baseman. I am not trying to insult when saying this, but I saw him six times on Cape Cod, and 1 time in Arizona Fall League and he's a corner infielder.

des1984

Aug 6, 2009
Didn't take any offense to it. To be honest, that's what I'm trying to find out. I appreciate the info. So if he can only play corner infield and his bat doesn't project for that position, what then? I guess I should start selling now? ::facepalm::

Members online

Latest posts