Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mail of the future HR king

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
I know that Chrome is and will always be king, but when your options for RC Autos are chrome and elite, the elite is still going to hold some value.

Picked this up for what I think is a very good price, considering his red chrome auto (also #'ed to 5) would get maybe 8x what this went for.

8-22-11-1.jpg

Marks are on the scanner and case, not card.

This also came in the mail. I bought it cause it was so cheap, and I remember buying em for like 70 back in the day. ::facepalm::

8-22-11.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Zach

abeabe

Oct 3, 2010
Not sure about HR king, he has a long way to go. Very nice pick-up, actually card #1.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
:shock: :shock:

awesome pickup zach!

just like me, you like them gold colors!!!

sick sick sick

now...we've gots to do something about your scanner.... :p

dave

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
daveyou said:
:shock: :shock:

awesome pickup zach!

just like me, you like them gold colors!!!

sick sick sick

now...we've gots to do something about your scanner.... :p

dave

lol. the one touch is really really scratched.
if you think this pickup is nice, just wait until you see what I texted you about.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
AWESOME card, and yeah i'm pulling for him to hit 756 some day and pass Hank Aaron to become the HR king ;)

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Nikobaseball said:
I know that Chrome is and will always be king, but when your options for RC Autos are chrome and elite, the elite is still going to hold some value.

Picked this up for what I think is a very good price, considering his red chrome auto (also #'ed to 5) would get maybe 8x what this went for.

8-22-11-1.jpg

Marks are on the scanner and case, not card.

This also came in the mail. I bought it cause it was so cheap, and I remember buying em for like 70 back in the day. ::facepalm::

8-22-11.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Zach

2007 wasn't really back in the day

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Mudcatsfan said:
AWESOME card, and yeah i'm pulling for him to hit 756 some day and pass Hank Aaron to become the HR king ;)
That would put him in second place.

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
ballerskrip said:
Good stuff, I saw it at the national. He started at $500 on thursday. Saturday he wanted $300 and I almost pulled the trigger. Congrats

Interesting. Looks like he'll net around 300 from the online sale. I'm glad you didn't pick it up. I like it for my collection.

Thanks for the comments guys.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Mudcatsfan said:
elmalo said:
Mudcatsfan said:
That would put him in second place.

I was taking a not so subtle swipe at Bonds.
I know what you were doing. You could also say Ruth is the homerun king bc Aaron had more than 3000 more at bats than Ruth did.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
ballerskrip said:
If it was $300 thursday, I would have grabbed it, started getting low on cash saturday. I think you will do well on it for sure!

Skrip

Actually I would have pushed you out of the way and grabbed it first :cool:

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
The Elite graded 9.5 would hold it's own against a red refractor. Foil board is harder to find mint than chrome.

I don't see 8x more in value, but wouldn't be surprized...chrome is king.

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
PeteD said:
The Elite graded 9.5 would hold it's own against a red refractor. Foil board is harder to find mint than chrome.

I don't see 8x more in value, but wouldn't be surprized...chrome is king.

It's definitely not a gem. A red is probably worth 1.5-2K right now, if not more. I paid under 4 for this. Maybe not 8x but will always command a nice premium

Members online

Latest posts