Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FOUND: 90s Insert Collection - Need Adivce - More Listed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eamon

Jun 16, 2010
So I have attempted to find some of these on ebay but, a lot of them have no recent completed sales.

Here's the story.... I recently moved out of my parents house, in the last year. Decided to finally start going through my old cards. I probably have about 10,000 from the 80s and 90 that are total garbage but, I can not just throw them away. Anyway, I found one box of toploaded cards. Inside I found a good amount of rare or rarer 90s inserts.

I really am going to need a 90s collector to give me some advice. For now, I plan on holding on to everything but, I will eventually make them available after I gather all the needed research. I am very very very aware I do not have a gold mine but, just would love to know values of the rare ones.

1998 Fleer Ultra Platinum Pizzazz - Frank Thomas /98 - Checking my old ebay program I saw one sold for 30-40 but it was an absolutely awful listing.
1998 UD Collectors Choice Quad Star Gold Starquest - Greg Maddux
1994 Pacific Draft Picks Collection - "Sample 2" - Jason Kidd
1997 Topps Flashback - Cal Ripken Jr.
1997 UD - 10th Anniversary Preview - Derek Jeter
1997 Topps Mystery Finest Refractor - Tim Salmon
1997 Pinnacle All Star Fanfest Albert Belle
1997 EX2000 Hall Or Nothing Kenny Lofton
1994 Classic "1994-1995 Hockey Preview" Radek Bonk
1993 Classic "4 Sport" Acetate Card "1 of 66,000" Chris Pronger
1997 Pinnacle Museum Collection Tony Gwynn
1997 Fleer Ultra Gold Medallion "ROOKIE" (yes, not a rc) Derek Jeter
1996 Fleer Ultra RESPECT Greg Maddux
1997 Score Dax Jones RC Artist Proof
1996 Upper Deck Power Package Mark McGwire
1998 Topps New Breed Derek Jeter
1997 Pinnacle Epix Purple "Game"? E1 Emmit Smith
1999 Upper Deck Home Run Highlights #1 Mark McGwire
1997 UD Collectors Choice The Big Show "World Headquarters Edition" Roger Clemens
1997 UD Collectors Choice The Big Show "World Headquarters Edition" Mike Piazza
1998 Fleer "Decade Of Excellence" Tony Gwynn
1997 Circa "Purple Parallel" /150 Tim Naehring
1998 Donruss Studio Freeze Frame 1548/4500 Ken Griffey Jr.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Eamon

Jun 16, 2010
Thank you kind sir. So, you think I could squeeze 3-4 bucks out of it to a set collector? Or is it a sit at .99 cent item that will never sell?

Any thoughts on the other cards?

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
Eamon said:
Thank you kind sir. So, you think I could squeeze 3-4 bucks out of it to a set collector? Or is it a sit at .99 cent item that will never sell?

Any thoughts on the other cards?
I sold a no namer for a few bucks last year. You never know though. The Thomas is a very nice card though. Could go for a surprising amount. There are many Thomas collectors on here.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
You could try going out to COMC and searching on the set. In all likelihood they will have something from the set and they may have your player. This should give you an idea on book and what people are selling the card for. If you can't find it on COMC and it's not a common, you probably have something good.

For instance, I went and looked up the 1998 Topps New Breed Jeter and it looks like it is actually 1999. Cards books for $20 and there are two copies on the site with low price at $10.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
One thing:

Use the Beckett to find info on the cards but not on the Pricing. REALLY good ones will go for way OVER Beckett value...

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
George_Calfas said:
You might want to scan the first card listed (Maddux) and post a pic in the 90s thread.

I'd say that and the Thomas Pizzazz.

One would think that Maddux would bring some decent coin because, and correct me if I am wrong George, I believe that those Quad Star (Which I never had a chance to see one, I only saw one triple star when I was younger) are extremely tough to come by and Maddux is a big name to have in that set, imo.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida

Members online

Latest posts