Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Setting up at a show...questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trcardcollector

Aug 9, 2008
Hey guys,

I'm doing a show pretty soon and I'm starting to make plans. I have a 2 - row box of prospects (Chrome, regular Bowman, Elite, and Bowman gold). I have pulled out all of the top players and what I have left is just the common rookies and the semi-popular rookies. I'm thinking about what to price them at. Here is what I'm looking at:

Chrome prospects - $1 each, 6/$5, or 13/$10
Bowman prospects (not chrome) - 50 cents each or 12/$5
Bowman Gold - 25 cents each, or 5/$1
Elite - 50 cents each or 12/$5

These are what I have from breaking boxes, so I don't really have much in each individual card. Am I too high? Too low? What would you do/have done?

Thanks guys!

Wes

OG
Administrator
trcardcollector said:
Hey guys,

I'm doing a show pretty soon and I'm starting to make plans. I have a 2 - row box of prospects (Chrome, regular Bowman, Elite, and Bowman gold). I have pulled out all of the top players and what I have left is just the common rookies and the semi-popular rookies. I'm thinking about what to price them at. Here is what I'm looking at:

These are what I have from breaking boxes, so I don't really have much in each individual card. Am I too high? Too low? What would you do/have done?

Thanks guys!

Don't waste your time/table space with anything less than the $1 each 6/$5 box.

trcardcollector

Aug 9, 2008
I'll also have 2 display cases and a couple other things at my tables, this will be just a 2-row box on the corner, this is mostly just cleaning house.

Would it work to just put out Chrome and Elite @ $1 each and drop the Bowman and gold?

Thanks for the input!

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
I separate mine by teams and do a teambag filled for $5 and man do do people go crazy looking through all the cards and filling the bags.

trcardcollector

Aug 9, 2008
Dpanthers14 said:
I separate mine by teams and do a teambag filled for $5 and man do do people go crazy looking through all the cards and filling the bags.

I'm doing that with football commons and cheap inserts. I have a 3200 ct box, and I think it should do pretty well! Thanks for the input panthers!

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Dpanthers14 said:
That's a good idea...I have never seen a table do that.

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Dpanthers14 said:
I have a good idea every now and then lol :D

spahnandsain

Aug 11, 2008
Conover NC
Dpanthers14 said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Dpanthers14 said:
I have a good idea every now and then lol :D

Yeah, like buying a McCann Logo for $20 and selling it for $250! :lol:

btw grats on the Jackie.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
I'm trying to do something similar, trying to get rid of all my 07 BDP commons....I just put them in a 1600 ct box and am going to let them all go 10/$1 to get them out. Also, I have a 3/$1 box with stuff like the Hughes/Braun/Buchholz and some of the middle tier guys from BDP.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
LLWesMan said:
trcardcollector said:
Hey guys,

Thanks guys!

Though I respect your opinion, it really depends on what kind of show you do. I have 50c cards and then let people fill a 100 count box for $20. Last show I do, I sold 4 or 5 of the 100 count boxes alone, not to mention the kids that came up and bought 3 cards for $1.

It really depends on how you market it.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
tonsofcommons said:
LLWesMan said:
trcardcollector said:
Hey guys,

Thanks guys!

Though I respect your opinion, it really depends on what kind of show you do. I have 50c cards and then let people fill a 100 count box for $20. Last show I do, I sold 4 or 5 of the 100 count boxes alone, not to mention the kids that came up and bought 3 cards for $1.

Couldnt agree more. With the economy the way it is, people would rather spend $1-5 than spend $150 on a "showcase" card.

Wes

OG
Administrator
tonsofcommons said:
LLWesMan said:
trcardcollector said:
Hey guys,

Thanks guys!

Bulk is one thing - I don't disagree with your ideas about 100 counts etc - $.10 per card and such is a waste of time IMO - even if they are junk cards it's not worth it to count out singles. At least if its 100 counts you get rid of a bunch and get a legit return. Last show I was at some guy comes up with change and buys like one or two - kind of irritating to be getting a couple of coins.

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
I usually have a 3200 count box or two filled with commons and semi-stars. I put them out on the table for 1 cent each. I have never had the problem of someone coming up and only buying a few, usually it is 75 to 100 at a time. I have also noticed that when people are going through the boxes, they check out the rest of the table and end up buying other stuff that i have layed out. I have them count them, I have never had someone try to cheat me and I don't have to waste the time counting them myself. Usually by the middle of the first day I have sold most, if not all, of the cards in those boxes.

As for your question about Bowman Chrome stuff, I usually put all rookies and prospect cards (minus the decent players) in a shoebox and mark them at 25 cents each or 3/$1. I have always found it difficult trying to sell them for much more than that. Why would someone by a 75 cent book value card for $1, when they can pick up a lot of 15-20 on eBay for less than 6 including shipping?

Members online

Latest posts