Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay situation - $6 transaction - Help me have fun with him.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
If this is someone here... :benson:

Sunday I sold this [ebay:37epyp01]380367329197[/ebay:37epyp01]. He paid on Monday. And in the PayPal payment he left a message - paid. please provide proof of shipping and or tracking info apon sending. please leave your positive feedback thank you. Now normally I dont add DC to items under $10. I have a Dymo LabelWriter that prints postage so I just use that. Something told me I better add DC to this item even thos it was only a $6 transaction. Fast forward to today. I get an email at 5PM while I was at work. hello what is the status of my items paid for on the 12? please provide proof of shipping and or tracking info if available thank you. Fair enough I shipped the item Wednesday night after work with DC. I was going to reply at work but I didnt have the DC # so I figured Id send it tonight when I got home. While I am at work I see another email from them... why no response to my emails? what is going on with my purchases? you were paid on the 12th its now going on the 16th. please provide proof of shipping and or tracking info. if i dont get any response i will contact ebay to find out what to do next, thank you.

My first reaction was F--- You.... all this over a $6 transaction? I wasn't going to respond but I realized they can still leave me a neg even tho they will get the item most likely by Saturday. 6 days from end of auction. Not bad if you ask me. Now I feel like having a little fun. Do I reply with the... my Grandpa just died... I lost my job and can't afford gas to drive to the PO.... or should I just reply with the DC #?

I am blocking him from future purchases for sure.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
How about a nice mixture? Tell him to go kick rocks, but give him the DC number.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I would just email him with the number and let him know that he should have the item within the 6-7 days you already noted in the auction.

So sick of people who expect to be pampered all the time.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
Just use Ebay shipping. DC costs .19cents or something like that and he would get a automatic email from Ebay with the DC when you made the label.

I just don't get why people don't use Ebay shipping it is so easy.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Erich said:
Just use Ebay shipping. DC costs .19cents or something like that and he would get a automatic email from Ebay with the DC when you made the label.

Agreed. Saves so much hassle.

Nhat.MTL

Nov 29, 2010
I think you should have answered him the first few times he was asking for info on the shipment. Even if you didn't have the DC# with you, just the fact that you wrote him could have eased his mind. I'm a sporadic buyer myself and when I do buy, I anticipate the card, even if it has a small value.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Erich said:

I have noticed thou that when I buy something and the seller uses ebay shipping it takes atleast 3-4 extra days to get here. Even when I have used it vs going to the PO, my items almost always take longer using Ebay shipping. I live in Springfield, IL and I got a package from a guy in St.Louis MO. He used ebay/paypal shipping and mailed on a Monday. I got the package the following Friday, while I got a package from California the same week he mailed and the postmark was that Tuesday.

While I know it is cheaper and less hassle, I don't understand why it seems to take longer.

~AJ

bowmanchromeandorr

May 23, 2010
Race City USA
ajbraves25 said:
Erich said:

I have noticed thou that when I buy something and the seller uses ebay shipping it takes atleast 3-4 extra days to get here. Even when I have used it vs going to the PO, my items almost always take longer using Ebay shipping. I live in Springfield, IL and I got a package from a guy in St.Louis MO. He used ebay/paypal shipping and mailed on a Monday. I got the package the following Friday, while I got a package from California the same week he mailed and the postmark was that Tuesday.

While I know it is cheaper and less hassle, I don't understand why it seems to take longer.

~AJ

just because the label was printed on monday, doesnt mean he shipped it then. i print and ship mine the same day and they have never taken more than 3 or 4 days to get to their final destination. usually its 3 days from teh day i ship.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
ajbraves25 said:
Erich said:

~AJ

I think what people are doing is making the label and waiting a day or two and then go to the PO. I have noticed this as well. On the other hand, I without fail, ship the same day I print out the label and I usually get a positive within 2-3 days of shipping, even to Cal from Atlanta.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Erich said:
ajbraves25 said:
Erich said:

~AJ

I think what people are doing is making the label and waiting a day or two and then go to the PO. I have noticed this as well. On the other hand, I without fail, ship the same day I print out the label and I usually get a positive within 2-3 days of shipping, even to Cal from Atlanta.

But it has happened when I have used it too. Printed a label before work, left and dropped them off, then checked the DC and it took over a week. My printer is broke so I can't use it anymore, but I still have the labels.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Tell him you apologize cause you been on a whirlwind world tour after his sale. Explain how you never had this much cash and how its changed you as its burning a hole in your pocket.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
If you really want to mess with him, provide him with a link and Rick Roll him and then give the DC# at the bottom of your email in a small font. If it were me, I would just give him the DC#.

Members online

Latest posts