Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Crowdsourcing this eBay purchase Gone Bad

What should I do?

• Break out the chargeback hammer and get back $5.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wes

OG
Administrator
So I bought this:

IMG_20110921_161710.jpg

Which came with a lovely film on it, you can sort of see it on the left border of the card, it covers basically the entire surface.

I paid $5 shipped for it, so I'm not crying about it, but at the same time, it doesn't seem right to pay for a card that supposedly in good condition and receive it with some foreign substance on it. So I emailed the seller letting him know about the problem and that I'd be noting it in the feedback that I left. Here's what he wrote:

ill give u 20% off your next purchase. wheter you leave negative or not. Id hope u wouldnt. Im sorry if your card was not to your satisfaction. honestly im pretty sure it was either beer or soda so on a glossy surface that should wipe clean. I work 2 jobs and pay support for 2 kids so moneys tight. Like i said earlier 20 persent off next time, u have to admit 5.00 for a matzek Rc auto was a good price, especially if he ever figures it out. Hope to earn your business

I'll leave it up to the masses what I do next. I'd have to pay shipping to send it back and get a refund, so I'd basically pay $2 to get back a $5 refund.

Most entertaining ideas on the first page get added to the poll.

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
Sniff the card.

His response has so much fail in it. Stop buying cards if money is that tight and giving your money back would probably be the best option for earning your business.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
wes just take the card note it in the feedback. I wouldnt neg him though. Maybe karma will help you if you make a mistake. Over a 5 card Im not gonna get upset. Id just move on. The guy did not seem out of line.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Hey I have 2 jobs and 4 kids, does that mean I can send out twice as crappy of Cards? :lol:

Refund time! Unless you really want the hassle every time you deal with him. Plus, I can guarentee he'd make that 20% off REALLY hard to use... :?

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
D) wipe the card off and move on. Chances are he received the card this way and never noticed.
E) fill in the blank

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
i normally stay away from commenting on ebay situations however the fact that you even made this post surprises me. he sounded sincere in his reply back which is more than you would get from alot of sellers let alone a reply. if you need the $5 that badly, i'll send it to you just to not leave him a negative feedback. (no, i'm not the seller). honestly, i would try and clean it myself and just move on however i might just be getting soft in my old age.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
1. take poo
2. take pictures wiping butt with card
3. send pictures to seller
4. attach note thanking him for providing you with sheet of the most expensive toilet paper you have ever used
5. cross that off your bucket list

OhioBobcat3

Aug 7, 2008
Ohio
Jastermereel said:
chompsmcgee said:
Move on with your life.

this

I'm with this as long as the film wipes off of the surface and there is no permanent damage. If there is permanent damage, I would message him back and demand a refund. There is an incredibly slim chance that you will ever do business with him again, so 20% off a second purchase that will never happen is ridiculous.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
jcmint said:
wes just take the card note it in the feedback. I wouldnt neg him though. Maybe karma will help you if you make a mistake. Over a 5 card Im not gonna get upset. Id just move on. The guy did not seem out of line.

I agree, it definitely sucks to get a card in crappy condition and then have the seller admit it was his fault and tell you it was either soda or beer.

But this is where the DSRs are useful...on a $500 card, you obviously neg him if he doesn't handle the situation to your satisfaction, but on a $5 card I'd probably just leave him positive feedback and a low DSR for "Item as Described" and move on.

That said, I don't really think sellers should be throwing in their sob stories as to why they sent you a card with crud all over it. I'd rather they be professional and simply give you options rather than trying to make you feel sorry for them with the whole 'money is tight' line...even if that's the truth... because it has nothing to do with this particular sale.

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
wipe it (or lick it if that's your pleasure haha)+ move on...assuming whatever the filmy stuff is comes off. sometimes gunk happens from cards stuck in sleeves for too long. i only neg if it's something horrible- cards never sent, refund never given, etc.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
All this over 5 dollars? SAD
Makes you look like the ****** not the seller.
I give away way more than that every week to beggers/homeless people.
Besides the real point is you only bought it to resell it.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
There are cases where people spend $100's of dollars and end up getting nothing at all and lose the money.
People's collections on here have been stolen and floods have ruined $1000's of dollars worth of cards for others.

You paid $5 for a card, you got it, seller isnt giving you a hard time. Seriously move on. I can't even imagine how many more threads there would be on crap like this if everyone posted their minor problems.

Sorry to be a dick, but if this is all you have to worry about, your a lucky guy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts