Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does anybody really want to see a Tigers/Rangers ALCS???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

It Wouldn't be a terrible matchup,

But i think it is way more fun to root for the Yankees to fail right before reaching the World Series,

and Who would not like to see the Cindlerella Rays conjure up some magic to possibly make it to the World Series??

Granted i think Texas and Detroit has a better shot of matching up to NL whom will most likely be the Philles, as you will need a team who can keep up with their offense.

I just feel the ALCS without the Rays or Yankees will be a little lackluster as far as excitement. But i do not mind
seeing all the feel good storys about Josh Hamilton, for whom i will be rooting hard for.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Sure, why not. I'm not a TV exec so I don't care about ratings.

To be honest, i think that's the ALCS match-up I'd most like to see.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
So Rays/Yankees would be ok, but not Tigers/Rangers. That really doesn't make any sense, considering TB is one of the worst baseball markets in the country. Texas and Detroit are solid markets, and play good baseball. I understand you like the Rays, but they are the worst thing for MLB baseball if you want to talk about ratings and such.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I'd be all for it. I'm pulling for a Tigers/Brewers W.S. which would probably be the biggest ratings killer but I like to see new teams moving forward. Though I always pull for the Red Sox, deep down at the start of the year I always hope to see a Pirates/Royals World Series if the Sox can't go.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
I'd prefer a Detroit/Rays series as many others have said, but I wouldn't mind a Detroit/Texas series either. Milwaukee/Detroit World Series would be great in my opinion even if nationally it wouldn't do well. If Arizona pulls off a shocker then I'd be hoping for Arizona/Detroit world series even though their fans don't deserve it.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
This stupid question comes up every year as soon as the Sox and Yankees are eliminated (or close to it). ::facepalm::

There are fans of other teams around the country, ya know??? I don't give a crap about tv ratings.

As a baseball fan, I don't care who makes it. If the Nats or Pirates somehow made it, and they lost, I'd still watch the rest of the playoffs. I have no rooting interest for anyone in now, but it's a great time of year for baseball, and I'm loving it!

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I would love to see it, because that means that the Yankees aren't in the playoffs anymore, and I don't care for the Rays.

I am not a Tigers fan either, but after the show Verlander put on this season, I want him to keep going.

Members online

Latest posts