Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Marquee Museum Autos: Gradable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdsingar

Feb 10, 2011
I just got my first Marquee Museum Auto of Chris Coghlan in the mail and I love these cards. I'll be buying a few more of players I collect. I was wondering, though, if it was even possible to grade these cards. They look sharp, but they're not a traditional card so I don't know how one would go about grading corners and edges. Also, it may be nice to keep the cards out of a graded holder. Thoughts?

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
What is it about these cards that make them "not traditional"?

I see no reason why they couldnt be graded - how well they grade may be an issue.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
They are thick and almost 90's 24KT gold card like....

PA052287-1.jpg

jdsingar

Feb 10, 2011
Yeah, the borders of the cards are solid like gold and rather thick. I don't think any of the corners or edges can be "sharp."

And sorry, I definitely think they can be graded; My question has more to do with it being graded properly.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
Corners, edges, and centering should be automatic 10's IMO, as long as the metal border isn't scratched or dented. Then the surface just has to be 9.5, and you've got yourself a Pristine Museum Collection Auto.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
TBTwinsFan said:
jumbojohnny said:
What is it about these cards that make them "not traditional"?

I see no reason why they couldnt be graded - how well they grade may be an issue.

They way a ton compared to regular cards.

This may be an issue. I wouldn't be surprised if the card breaks the BGS sleeve and is damaged as a result.

Members online

Latest posts