Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pineda Museum Mailday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Got my first Museum in the mail today and IMO the Michael Pineda card to have:

temp030.jpg
temp032.jpg

As previously mentioned, these cards are absolutely gorgeous in person. Has anyone figured out how to scan or photograph the museums to properly display their brilliance?

The Pineda instantly becomes one of my favorite PC cards. Hopefully, Topps fulfills the museum redemptions because I have a Justin Upton as well.

Thanks for looking!

-Nic

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
matchpenalty said:
How thick are these cards? maybe a camera shot will show them off better. I have yet to see one in person.

I agree, I think a camera would be better at showing them, like this:

PA052287-1.jpg

I have no idea the actual pt but these cards are pretty thick and heavy. Definitely have a metal feel to them.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
That is an absolutely fantastic looking card, but you just don't have me sold on that being the best card of his to have. I think the triple threads cards this year are brilliant. I don't know, you're probably right nevertheless I'm going to second-guess myself for a long time for not going after that wood triple threads one of one.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
chompsmcgee said:
matchpenalty said:
How thick are these cards? maybe a camera shot will show them off better. I have yet to see one in person.

I agree, I think a camera would be better at showing them, like this:

PA052287-1.jpg

I have no idea the actual pt but these cards are pretty thick and heavy. Definitely have a metal feel to them.

Beat me to it, I was going to repost this pic. They are amazing looking cards and I am glad I got mine of my PC player.

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
SydBarrett said:
That is an absolutely fantastic looking card, but you just don't have me sold on that being the best card of his to have. I think the triple threads cards this year are brilliant. I don't know, you're probably right nevertheless I'm going to second-guess myself for a long time for not going after that wood triple threads one of one.
I hear ya. Really, it's all subjective and the triple threads look great, too. I've just never been a fan of TTT but the wood is pretty sweet. To me, the Museum is the best because there aren't any parallels like with chrome, TTT, and marquee. There are only 10 copies period and they are gorgeous. Those reasons sold me.

alexs64 said:
Beat me to it, I was going to repost this pic. They are amazing looking cards and I am glad I got mine of my PC player.
I totally agree. Got 2 of my PC guys, just need a King Felix now. Great pic of your Ethier btw!

hofmichael said:
Is the border of these cards metal and does the gold on the borders cover the edges and go around to the back?
The border is metal and the gold covers edges and does go around to the back. Scans don't do them justice as they are really stunning in person. I think it's the nicest insert in years.

zookerman182

Aug 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL
aparently everybody else thinks they are the best also based on completed sales.

Its the sharp design, the super low numbering, the on card autograph, and the large player checklist which will make this one of the sets people will be trying to complete years from now.

Im debating on wether or not to buy one......only problem is its a redemption and i dont feel like waiting years for it.

Latest posts