Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bud Selig is an IDIOT!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Rangers win the AL west division,and make it to the WS
Cards win the NL wild card, and make it to the WS
The Cards get home field
icon_facepalm.gif

Change the All Star Game BS! They also need to change the BS about playing a team in your own DIV because they are a wild card.
Sorry i called Bud Selig is an IDIOT!
He is a Moron!

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
If they just alternated cities like they used to the Cards may have had the home field advantage anyway. Also, even though the Rangers may have won their division, they didn't play the same schedule as the Cards, its not a fair comparison.

I don't see the big deal either way.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
No rule is going to be perfect Obviously the old rule alternating divisions would not have solved this. Looking at whether a team is a wild card versus a division leader would be irrelevant in most situations, and could mean that a team with a worse record gets home field over a team with a better record. Going based on record would be unfair to a team who happened to play in a really tough division. There's simply no truly fair way to go about this. I'm not a huge fan of using the All-Star game because I do not think it accomplishes the result it intends to (make the game more serious in the eyes of players and fans) but not sure it is all that big a deal.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
It is what it is. I just think that if a teams players refuse to go to the all star game after getting voted in, then they should automatically lose home field advantage.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
nosterbor said:
Rangers win the AL west division,and make it to the WS
Cards win the NL wild card, and make it to the WS
The Cards get home field
icon_facepalm.gif

Change the All Star Game BS! They also need to change the BS about playing a team in your own DIV because they are a wild card.
Sorry i called Bud Selig is an IDIOT!
He is a Moron!

Ignorant.

Here's a free tip: Before you post check to see how emotional you are. You'd have probably rethought this one.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I'm fine with the current setup because it's still a seven-game WS and the best team will win.

What I'm not fine with is the expansion of wild cards. I like the current playoff format plus the fact the MLB can finish its playoffs within a month because it's not the ******* NFL or NBA or NHL where half the league goes to the postseason.

pujols5hof

Aug 9, 2011
i like the current format but i would stretch it a lil but more ... the league that wins the all-star game gets to choose whether there will be a designated hitter in the series OR if they want home field advantage.
i know it will never happen, but i just hate the dh rule that much.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I see nothing wrong with the rule. All teams knew this going into the season. Now he is more of an idiot because your team is on the other side of it?

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
bouwob said:
It is what it is. I just think that if a teams players refuse to go to the all star game after getting voted in, then they should automatically lose home field advantage.

I also (personally) think the All-Star game participants need to be chosen in a different manner, but that's just me.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
ballerskrip said:
I see nothing wrong with the rule. All teams knew this going into the season. Now he is more of an idiot because your team is on the other side of it?
uhhhhhhhhhhh i am a CUBS FAN!

Members online

Latest posts