Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Yu Darvish to Formally Ask to Be Posted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I always wondered why he had a non-Japanese last name.
Maybe it's common knowledge amongst prospectors, but I didn't know.
So I just looked on Wikipedia and found out he's half-Iranian.
"Darvish was born in Habikino, Osaka, to an Iranian father, Farsad Darvishsefat, and a Japanese mother, Ikuyo. His parents met at Eckerd College, a liberal arts school in St. Petersburg, Florida, where his father played for the college soccer team."

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
I said a couple years ago I wanted the M's to sign him as Ichiro's contract was running out, basically as Ichiro's replacement as the M's Japanese superstar, but I don't see that happening with the our crappy offense and stable of talented young pitchers at or near the big league level. I wouldn't be against it, though. Kinda rootin' for the Jays to land him, among the teams that have been mentioned.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
He's good, no question, but won't be as good as people are making him out to be. I watch him on TV here all the time. Hope he proves me wrong though.

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
Ty Hope said:
He's good, no question, but won't be as good as people are making him out to be. I watch him on TV here all the time. Hope he proves me wrong though.

Wish I had the opportunity to watch him on tv all the time, hopefully I will if the yankees get him!

Hope he doesnt turn out like Dice-K :lol:

I am 99% sure I wont collect Yu Darvish though, his stuff is/will be to expensive!

I hope Dice-K turns it around though, not for my collection, but because I want him to do well, I hate to see a player go from 18-3 to what hes been doing in the past two years (.500 or worse & getting hurt :()

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
TomMurry said:
I believe that Darvish is a good bit younger than lots of the other Japanese pitchers when they started.
Same age as Daisuke when he started professionally in Japan. If Darvish comes over next year, he will be 25, Matsuzaka was 26 at his MLB debut.

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
IMG_0003.jpg

1988RedSox

Feb 16, 2009
Maine
Maybe Ken Rosenthal can upstage this world series by announcing during the final outs that the Yankees have signed Yu Darvish,

AND that ARod has opted out of his contract . :|

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Igawa is off the Yankees books!

I want the Yankees to sign Darvish. Either he is good, or they bury him in AAA like Igawa!

Members online

Latest posts